No announcement yet.

2009 Firehawk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Volt to succeed, as nice as it is, it will need to be able to compete in the market against the Honda and Toyota hybrid cars- in the low $20's- people aren't going to pay and extra 10 or 15 thou just to 'drive American'-
    2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
    "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
      For the Volt to succeed, as nice as it is, it will need to be able to compete in the market against the Honda and Toyota hybrid cars- in the low $20's- people aren't going to pay and extra 10 or 15 thou just to 'drive American'-
      Exactly my point. The Volt looks like a better car than the Prius. First of all, matter of taste or not, it's a far better looking car. Second, the idea of going 40 miles on a charge before the gas engine kicks in is very desirable. That would do my commute to work twice. I would almost never need gas. I would worry more about the gas min the tank going bad than I would fiiling up all the time.

Then they announce possible MSRP of $40K and up. Way to ruin a good thing. They could have owned that corner of the market which is no small task.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Hate to say it, but this car is living proof that it's all about greed...... anything to try and make a buck.

For that price, I would take a CTSV without even thinking twice.

Comment

SLP wil sell some of these new Firehawks but not many and not the 250 they plan on making. Would I buy one? No way........not for that price. A BMW or the Cadillac CTS-V would be my first choice.

As to the Volt, it should never have been introduced as a Chevy at the (possible) selling price that's been thrown around. A Buick or a Cadillac would have made more sense especially since they are going to produce a coupe version for Cadillac. Then once they could figure out how to get the price lower, then introduce a Chevy version. But what do I know?
          2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-S
            But what do I know?
            More than GM's brain trust judging by your thoughts on the Volt. You made perfect sense.... Something GM needs to start doing quickly.

I was really excited when the Volt was first announced. The thought of having to dump a can of fuel stabilizer in my gas tank because it would more than likely go bad with my commute... It got me excited to come back to the company I love. Then they announced the probable MSRP.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
            X