Let the gun bans begin...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the gun bans begin...

So, the miserable sack of **** put in the white house is already starting...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

I hate it when you beat around the bush and don't tell us what you are truly feeling.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
      I hate it when you beat around the bush and don't tell us what you are truly feeling.
      Well, if I said how I truly felt, the post would be deleted.
      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
        Well, if I said how I truly felt, the post would be deleted.
        Not by me.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Not really new news but is still puts a lump in my gut thinking about it...All I can say is keep on the lookout and when the time comes, write, call, email etc. your senators and representatives. Hopefully with enough pressure from the citizens of this great country, we can put a stop to it and maybe reverse some of the damage already done.(like the 922r, barrel import ban and machine gun manufacture ban)
          Greg W. in West Michigan
          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
          <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
            Not really new news but is still puts a lump in my gut thinking about it...All I can say is keep on the lookout and when the time comes, write, call, email etc. your senators and representatives. Hopefully with enough pressure from the citizens of this great country, we can put a stop to it and maybe reverse some of the damage already done.(like the 922r, barrel import ban and machine gun manufacture ban)
            I am finding gun owners who supported this idiot speechless...go figure. Pass this on...maybe people will wake up.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Ok, let me preface this by saying that I am every bit as Republican and conservative as most on this board. However, I personally don't see the need for anyone who isn't in law enforcement or the military to have an assault rifle. There are no deer, antelope, rabbits, squirrels, dove, pheasant, or any other animals, to my knowledge, that wear body armor. Therefore, no civilian needs a rifle any stronger than a 30-06 or any normal rifle. There are plenty of semi-auto rifles and shotguns that don't fall under the assault rifle category. We can still have hand guns. I just don't see the need for anyone to have an AK or an AR-15, or Uzi or any other gun of that nature. I don't know how far a ban could ever go to keeping those guns out of the hands of criminals, but anything that will keep the cops better armed than Joe drug dealer is OK in my book. Anyway, that is just my $0.02. I know I will catch some flack for this. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. (Even at the ripe old age of 33 )

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
                Ok, let me preface this by saying that I am every bit as Republican and conservative as most on this board. However, I personally don't see the need for anyone who isn't in law enforcement or the military to have an assault rifle. There are no deer, antelope, rabbits, squirrels, dove, pheasant, or any other animals, to my knowledge, that wear body armor. Therefore, no civilian needs a rifle any stronger than a 30-06 or any normal rifle. There are plenty of semi-auto rifles and shotguns that don't fall under the assault rifle category. We can still have hand guns. I just don't see the need for anyone to have an AK or an AR-15, or Uzi or any other gun of that nature. I don't know how far a ban could ever go to keeping those guns out of the hands of criminals, but anything that will keep the cops better armed than Joe drug dealer is OK in my book. Anyway, that is just my $0.02. I know I will catch some flack for this. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. (Even at the ripe old age of 33 )
                "Assault Weapon" is a term coined by the anti-gun lobby and marketed on the masses to get the anti-gun community's desired reaction. The semi-auto civilian version of an AR-15 that me and my friends use in rifle competition and rifle leagues are not a danger to anyone. We are not talking about fully automatic M-16s or AKs here...a point the anti-gunners seem to omit when throwing this term around. AR-15s and semi-auto AKs are not on any battlefield as the bama lama ding dong misstated. If the weapon was converted, the barrels used on civilian AR & AKs could not withstand automatic fire. Additionally, assault is a verb not a noun. I have known several people in my travels that were far more deadly with a Remington 700 rifle chambered in 7.62x51 (.308) then any person will ever be with an AK, AR, or (Uzi). The people that use firearms responsibly should not be the target of legislation. Additionally, a point of clarification, 5.56x45 and 7.62x39 are not powerful cartridges. The AR-15 5.56x45 (.223) is a varmint round (most shooters use .223 Remington, which is not loaded nearly as hot as NATO spec 5.56x45). An AR-15 is a competition rifle (Uzis are just stupid). My 30.06, .308, and magnum rifles, on a bipod with good optics, are far more deadly then my AR with a holographic sight and a sling. With a shot from a true high powered rifle at 600, 800, or a 1000 yards, a person will never hear, see, or know their death.

Secondly, to think a ban on any kind of weapon will somehow eliminate a weapon's use in crime is foolish. They will be available to those who don't care about committing the crime of owning one. As far as civilian ownership...with the rise of Marxism in this country, I disagree with you completely.

Thirdly, rifles like the Ruger 10/22 are on this list. How is a 10/22, which is chambered in 22lr, a danger to anyone? Oh, I guess because I have those evil high cap mags filled with devastating 22lr.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
                  Ok, let me preface this by saying that I am every bit as Republican and conservative as most on this board. However, I personally don't see the need for anyone who isn't in law enforcement or the military to have an assault rifle. That is funny...If you know the true definition of an Assault rifle, then you will know that they have been banned from manufacture since 1989. However, the media and lefties formed a slide of words to make the "Assault weapon" to scare people. (like you?)

There are no deer, antelope, rabbits, squirrels, dove, pheasant, or any other animals, to my knowledge, that wear body armor. Therefore, no civilian needs a rifle any stronger than a 30-06 or any normal rifle.
                  If you knew that the weapons the media and lefties refer to as assault weapons were actually underpowered compared to a 30-06, what excuse would you have? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgr3kTU68uw

There are plenty of semi-auto rifles and shotguns that don't fall under the assault rifle category. Exactly! So you are telling me you believe that a remington model 700 or Mossberg 535 shotty is LESS deadly than an ak or ar?

We can still have hand guns. The way people think these days, it won't be long and those will be gone too. Up until last year, you couldn't live in this nations capital and own a handgun.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...mbia_v._Heller

I just don't see the need for anyone to have an AK or an AR-15, or Uzi or any other gun of that nature.
                  However, you see a need for a 100K corvette? That is like saying you don't see a need for freedom of speech.

I don't know how far a ban could ever go to keeping those guns out of the hands of criminals, but anything that will keep the cops better armed than Joe drug dealer is OK in my book. If you studied the last AWB, and all of the statistics surrounding it, you would realize it did very little to affect the crime rate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal...ffect_on_crime

Anyway, that is just my $0.02. I know I will catch some flack for this. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. (Even at the ripe old age of 33
                  Instead of rolling your eyes, you should maybe try to open them brother.
                  )
                  What you maybe don't realize is that what the government likes to do is take baby steps towards an ultimate goal. The ultimate goal in this case being total obediance and reliability on the government. Control.... read, 1984.

Facts always win the day.
                  Greg W. in West Michigan
                  <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
                    What you maybe don't realize is that what the government likes to do is take baby steps towards an ultimate goal. The ultimate goal in this case being total obediance and reliability on the government. Control.... read, 1984.

Facts always win the day.
                    Yup. They like to see how far they can push you, little by little, into submission. They think of all the ways to force you into the corner and accept their views as your own.

It will come to an end. I'd rather be ready to hunt my food down and defend my "territory" than be helplessly dependent on a government as it falls.
                    1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
                    2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
                    1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

I keep saying it, you guys and your guns???

When I was an active "member" of the Swiss Army, I used to have the rifle at home at all time including ammunition. I was glad when I started traveling all over that I could resign the service and turn that thing in.
                      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                        I keep saying it, you guys and your guns???

When I was an active "member" of the Swiss Army, I used to have the rifle at home at all time including ammunition. I was glad when I started traveling all over that I could resign the service and turn that thing in.
                        To each his own. However, just because you don't believe in having a firearm for self defense doesn't give you, or anyone else, the right to force that delusion on the rest of the country.
                        Greg W. in West Michigan
                        <Motor out

Comment

how does anyone think that making them illegal will lesson gun crimes? With these rifles they need to be registered. If a crime is comitted then the registration will lead back to the criminal. I am in agreement to register these weapons! Now making these weapons illegal erases the paper trail that has led to so many arrest. and in all honesty it really doesnt matter what anyone says.

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE.........................................

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

All gun bans do is take weapons out of the hands of law-abiding citizens and place them firmly in the hands of non-law-abiding citizens. When they had the so-called assault weapons ban, the drug dealers all had fully auto AK's and the cops had 15 round Beretta or Glock 9mm. Who's gonna win that fight.

Now, most cops have their own AR-15 in their patrol car. They're privately owned with private ammo, semi-auto only, but when you show up to a gun battle, it's nice to know you have something at least similar to what they are shooting at you with, and you have more experience with yours than they have with theirs. That makes it a fairer fight, even if it's your $0.50 a round ammo you're shelling at the bad guys. I can attest to this, as I personally know several cops who have their AR's in their patrol unit with them at all times, and not a single one of them is a tactical response (aka SWAT) officer. It's what you have to have to stay alive.
                            "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

My Ruger Mini 14 is on the assault weapons ban list. The gun is called "the ranch rifle". It was designed for farm owners to be able to protect their property from small to medium size animals harassing their live stock. What a joke that is. My uncle is a chicken farmer in north east Georgia. (Gainesville Ga. is the chicken capital of the world.) You wake up to hear the chickens raising cane. You know something has gotten into the chicken house. You grab your bolt action .223 because your automatic has been banned and head for the chicken house. You open the door to find a pack of rabid dogs in their killing your chickens. You shoot one then instead of being able to shoot more with your old mini 14 you have to stop and chamber another round. By now several have taken off but one is charging you. You franticly try and chamber a round but your nerves are getting the best because you know you are fixing to be mauled by a rabid dog. Boy now you are really pissed off now that the federal government took away your ability to protect yourself. Actually my uncle brought a .38 revolver with him but you get my point. BTW the .38 revolver will shoot a hell of a lot faster than a bolt action rifle.

This is nothing but a feel good legislation for liberals. It does no good and does a lot more harm. I can fully understanding banning or severely limiting fully automatic weapons but semi autos no.

If I were going to deer hunt the rifle I would want is a Springfield M1 auto chambered in .308 . I don’t want to loose sight of a target to chamber a second round. That is stupid. The M1 is on the ban list.

I thought rimfores were exempt from the weapons ban. They were in 1994. I have 2 Ruger 10/22s. Did they include them this time? I thought they weren't making any changes in it.

edit/add before anyone says anything about the M1a not being a good hunting rifle go to www.springfield-armory.com and check out the videos of the guy shooting a M1A with a different stock at 1000 yards. In the video it talks about a new version that uses a .338 round and he shoots 3 out of 4 at 1600 yards on target. wow
                              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
                              X