Buying American - help me save GM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trash man
    i rather have the 02 and older style 24 valves with a 6spd, i kno they have less power, but they sound like a diesel should (i drive a Mack Rearloader every day) and are easier to lift
    Edit: I thought the old engine carried through '03, but I just looked it up and it didn't.
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

the newer ones are quieter and make more power but far as im concered, a truck is suppose to be that, a truck, if you want a smooth, quiet car, go buy a fancy car, not a truck. which is why i hate these yuppie trucks(Honda Ridgeline, Lincoln pick up, etc) if i had the money id swap in a 5.9L Cummins into my 84 K10, a real motor in a real truck(no head liner, vynl seat, hard plastic door panels, leaf sprung all the way around, and metal dash, no a/c but it does have power locks/windows

/hijack
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

the newer ones are quieter and make more power but far as im concered, a truck is suppose to be that, a truck, if you want a smooth, quiet car, go buy a fancy car, not a truck. which is why i hate these yuppie trucks(Honda Ridgeline, Lincoln pick up, etc) if i had the money id swap in a 5.9L Cummins into my 84 K10, a real motor in a real truck(no head liner, vynl seat, hard plastic door panels, leaf sprung all the way around, and metal dash, no a/c but it does have power locks/windows

/hijack
        I am not that crazy about the designer yuppie trucks either. The intended purpose of mine will be pulling large trailers on long trips, and pulling car/ATV trailers off road. A low mileage '03 Cummins Dually will do that well and the kids can fit in the back. The GM Duramax is not an option...it is against my religion to buy a truck with IFS.

I like the '01 and '02 as well, but there is more room in the '03- model. I had a '96 club cab that I had to sell during my custody battle with the X...loved it, but I want something with a bigger cab.
        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Hot dang...picked up the Enclave early...absolutely love it...

Once I have a chance to "detail" it to my specs (can you say Zaino?) I'll post up some pix.
          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Hot dang...picked up the Enclave early...absolutely love it...

Once I have a chance to "detail" it to my specs (can you say Zaino?) I'll post up some pix.
            Congrats, Al!

The Enclave is a sweet ride. Love the interiors in them.

Good luck with it!
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
              I am not that crazy about the designer yuppie trucks either. The intended purpose of mine will be pulling large trailers on long trips, and pulling car/ATV trailers off road. A low mileage '03 Cummins Dually will do that well and the kids can fit in the back. The GM Duramax is not an option...it is against my religion to buy a truck with IFS.

I like the '01 and '02 as well, but there is more room in the '03- model. I had a '96 club cab that I had to sell during my custody battle with the X...loved it, but I want something with a bigger cab.
              im not a fan of IFS and real truck motors, dont have Izuzu on them, they say CAT, Detroit, Cummins ISO/ISX, etc.

its a shame GM went away from the Detroit Diesel engine for the izuzu
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
                I'm only 25 but gm's are all I've owned. I will never buy a honda or imported vehicle in my opinion they are over rated. Every make has ups and downs...
                This is so true. Even 'almighty Honda' has some interior failures, I'll take pics of my winterbeater, and of the gf's 97 civic (purchased per daddy's advice), and even her mom's '06 Accord has a 'glaringly large' gap next to the glovebox.

Sure, they're reliable, but the GM and Jeep stuff I've driven are too. Only my Civic is a hell of a lot slower, and rusts a lot faster.

Comment

im not a fan of IFS and real truck motors, dont have Izuzu on them, they say CAT, Detroit, Cummins ISO/ISX, etc.

its a shame GM went away from the Detroit Diesel engine for the izuzu
                  x2... only GM pickup I'll buy is 2wd (even in MI) or i'd get a solid axle conversion for it ($$$$). I don't have $$$$, so it's old GM trucks for me...

The Dmax is a good engine, supposedly GM did talk with Cat, but cat said it wouldn't be profitable for a diesel for the light truck market. Just what I was told, so is it true, or a product of the rumor mill?

Comment

Working...
                  X