Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gimp19
    there is really no right way to fix it.
    The thing about all of this bailout mess that aggravates me is they have thrown over a trillion dollars at trying to fix it but they have done nothing to fix the rules that caused this in the first place. Step 1 is to repeal the fair housing act of 1995. Step 2 would be to resend Barney Frank's rule that Fannie and Freddie would guarantee any loan company that makes a loan to someone who couldn't afford it. Then nobody would make these bad loans that caused this problem.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I have mixed feelings here- While I hate to see the feds telling GM how to run their business, GM hasn't been doing a very good job lately- How much of that is their own fault is debatable- a lot is because the whole country's economy is in the tank right now- high unemployment, inability to get loans to buy new cars, people way in debt because of high energy costs from last year's $4 a gallon gas- lots of blame to be spread around-

You might argue that GM should have seen some of this coming, maybe tightened the corporate belt a little, gotten ready for a tough time- so, in that sense, maybe a little is Mr. Wagoner's fault- being at the helm means that ultimately, it was his call, his responsibility-

I think if the feds could fix the bank problems, most of these other things, like unemployment and the car companies would sort themselves out pretty quickly-
      2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
      "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/conten...x?RsrcID=46007
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Looks like GM will drop all brands in favor of the Obamamobile. It is a bicycle with an umbrella, a seat that is just the shaft, and Hillary Clinton replica as a hood ornament. Any bids?

On a side note, I notice the House is expected to vote on a pay increase. Great to know they have our best interests in mind. When all the rest of us have taken pay cuts to keep our jobs, these blokes vote themselves a raise.
          1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
          2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
          1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

..........and bush was so much better, dont forget gm and the economy as a whole were head deep in this mess long before Obama.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
            2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
              ..........and bush was so much better, dont forget gm and the economy as a whole were head deep in this mess long before Obama.
              And long before G W Bush too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                And long before G W Bush too.
                The foundation for what we're in was laid by Jimmy Carter's administration. Amazing what an incompetent president can do, in just four years.
                1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
                2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
                1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

Originally posted by 3800_Firebird
                  The foundation for what we're in was laid by Jimmy Carter's administration. Amazing what an incompetent president can do, in just four years.
                  You are correct! There was another change in the loan policy back in I think 1977. I can't remember what it was but it was the beginning of this mess. I forgot about that.

Government isn't the answer, it's the problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X