just introducing myself :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just introducing myself :)

hey whats up. my names J.K. im from northern cali and recently picked up a 98 trans am. its had alot more issues then i wanted so far haha but from what i understand most is common in these cars so its all good well to start off. my car is a 98 whitehawk. ls1 with t tops and 6 speed. had a broken window motor so i replaced that. torn tranny mount so i replaced that with a energy suspension mount, broken shifter so replaced that with just a umi short throw until i find what shifter i want, blinker relay took a crap. lets see. ive done a hotchkiss adj. panhard bar, eibach sportline springs, new struts, suspension techniques sway bars, slp air lid, k&n filter, slp smooth bellow, air foil for the throttle body, flowmaster 40 series 2 chamber, breather on the valve cover, edelbrock 3 point strut bar, slp fan control, slp skip shift eliminator, umi k member, adjustable front lower a-arms, umi subframe connectors, aluminum driveshaft, i think thats it for performance so far. for stereo i went with a pioneer dvd player, all jl audio components front and rear co ax. on a jl audio 300/4. 2 jl audio 12w3 on a jl audio 500/1. ive only had this car for about 3 weeks so its came along way i think. heres some pix of what it looks like as of now...all comments and suggestions appreciated. thanks

Hey man Welcome to the Club. Sweet car! Looks awesome.

How much have you dropped into that thing. You plan on Auto-xing that car?

This is an amazing site, and very helpful group of guys.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Awesome car man! Looks really good. Like ConElite said, this is really a great site. Glad to have you here!
      1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
      Mods:
      "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
      Pro 5.0 Shifter
      Crane 1.5rrs
      Comp high tech pushrods
      Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
      SLP Loudmouth II
      SLP Cold air intake
      PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
      UMI adjustable panhard
      UMI LCAs and relocation brackets

Comment

yea it looks like a great site. i signed up last night but didnt get my access till this morning and yea i plan to do some scca events. we have thunderhill, buttonwillow, and sears point in my area. have a track day even at t-hill the end of this month so we will see how she does thanks for the warm welcome guys

Comment

Great car. Welcome aboard.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Nice stance on the ride

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Welcome Looks good.
              1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Welcome
                Nice ride. It would look good with a ram air hood.
                Anyway have fun with it.
                Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
                  Welcome
                  Nice ride. It would look good with a ram air hood.
                  a Firehalk hood would set it off.

Sportlines are to low no? I have the ProKit and My car is to low! Sportlines might not be the best choice for Auto-X Spring rate it not all that great. Im dropping my Eibachs and going with Strano! Lighter and higher spring rate.

What Shocks do you have?
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Welcome!

Nice, clean looking car! Glad a Firebird needing work went to someone who appreciates the car and took the time to do it right.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Nice ride. I like the rims!

Next to black, white is my favorite on F-body's.
                      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Welcome to the board! Where in Northern CA are you from? I'm in the Fremont/Newark area.
                        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

yea the pro kit is a little low but i love the stance. im going to purchase some qa1 coilovers for it that are pretty much made for the track.im not going to do much of auto-x since thats all just in the parking lot with cones...doesnt spike my interest :P i love this car. by far the funnest car ive had in a long time. i live up towards santa rosa tho. and for the hood i was thinking about that extractor hood, or the ws6 hood. its kinda last on my priority list tho. this hood has been modded out so its ram air as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X