No announcement yet.

depression

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive got scars from the 29 years of wolf and wolfdog rescue like you wont belive. in fact, when i got my last tattoo...the artist asked me if i fell through a plate glass window.........

rock on broh.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Thanks guys, hopefully I can find a way to turn around my negative attitude and get some respect for my self. I can still remember being alittle kid I was happy go lucky, very social and carefree, at some point that all changed. Its starting to affect me and my family in a very bad way, and I need to take it upon myself to make it happen.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
      2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

That's it, man. You need to be the one to take that second step. You already made the first by asking for help with something you identified as a problem.

Remember - Anyone you meet will also have their own insecurity issues. If you can't see any, that just means they're confident in themselves and rose above those insecurities. You need to do the same. You're just as good as anyone out there.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

If I can be honest with you...and don't take this the wrong way...if you really want a fresh start, get rid of your screen name. GIMP19 is what you've become...start thinkin' "Man, I can be (and do) anything I want to in life..."

Being positive is the first step. Having a screen name constantly remind you of that past way of thinking is unhealthy.

If I thought like you, just think...my screen name would be "Al Brain Tumor T/A" . Kind of a conversation killer, ya' think?

You can do it, bro...we're all standing behind your for support.
          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Dude - Our area here has some of the best medical and support facilities in the country. Be proud of who you are and what you have become. Make the commitment to move past this and get some help.. Good Luck..
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

The gimp thing comes from injuring my knee in a dirtbike accident when I was 13 it kinda stuck, I do see where your coming from though.

I had all my operations done at Strong Memorial
              Hospital, would not consider anywhere else.

Honestly I can not find words to thank each of you guys for your input I thought my post would be ignored. I'm already taking steps to improving my attitude towards myself and life in general. I need to stay focused and stop thinking things will change overnight without any effort.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
              2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
                I need to stay focused and stop thinking things will change overnight without any effort.
                You are wise beyond your years. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen relatively quick as long as you have the right attitude and don't let anyone bring you down. Those who try to bring you down are insecure within themselves.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Your correct, it won't happen overnight. Take your time and break it up in managable steps and you'll do just fine...
                  2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                  1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                  2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                  2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                  2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                    Hit the gym. Working out releases chemicals. Not only does it give you a pyhsical boost, but mentally too. In no time you'll have a rock hard body and will feel better about yourself. Stick with a program and work out with a buddy. Nothing's more motovating than a work out partner.
                    Couldn't agree more. I started boxing a month ago and I feel infinitely better about myself. Girls will definitely take more of an interest with you because, without even realizing it's happening, you'll start carrying yourself differently. It's a confidence booster and what you feel on the inside will be reflected on the outside. Women love confident men. As for scars, IMO, unless you look like Two- Face from Batman, scars are conversation pieces at worst. My buddy Dave was burned horribly as a kid and from his left hip all the way up his left side, to about a quarter of the way down his bicep, is covered with thick scar tissue. People are always interested in seeing it and think it's really interesting. You should definitely show your scars off. Simply put, they tell stories. My Coach's nose bends like a lightning bolt due to being broken 6 times, his bicep has a deep 4"-5" long scar on it and his neck has another scar going from the top of his shoulders to the base of his skull. He talks about them with pride. No one will think less of you for having them. I promise you that.

And as far as being single...consider yourself lucky. Women are pains in the @$$, my friend. I'm only 23, but I can't just get up and go. I can't go off and do whatever the hell I want. I can never take a job that involves traveling or relocating. I'm tied down because I have a girlfriend. Women get very jealous when you talk to other women, they get pissy when you don't call them often enough, start ing (god these emoticons are irritating) when you don't want to see them for a few days, they're insanely inquisitive, it's not as great as you're probably thinking it is. Wait until "that time of the month" when your girlfriend starts yelling and ing for absolutely no reason. That's always a treat. She's ing, you ask what's wrong, she replies "Nothing" or "I don't know", and the the scary part is that she means it. It's all rainbows and sugar cookies in the beginning, but trust me and I'm sure others will chime in as well, the luxury of having a significant other gets old pretty quickly.
                    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                    SOLD- Kinda miss it
                    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                    SOLD- Good riddance!
                    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
                    X