Worried about our country....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
    Just out of curiosity, beside Iraq and Afghanistan (never ending argument), what did Bush do to make the country race downhill? I'll give you one and that is the prescription drug plan. Add on some other ones. Compare and contrast them to what Obama and the democrats have done and spent in the last 5 months.
    We were already in a recession when Obama took office, I'm not defending what he's doing though kinda reminds me of your run of the mill 2 faced politician. Not that I'm sure what I would'a, could'a done if I were in his shoes, we've been in bad shape for atleast the last 4 years.

I do agree 100% that his stimulas plan is a joke, but giving everybody $$$ wouldn't help either. I know people that havn't worked in the last 5years have a handfull of kids, live in a free house and get more $$ in foodstamps then I make in a month.

Drains like that need to be stopped, it makes me sick when they complain about there free house not being big enough, or their free van being a pos.

They think everything should be handed to them, back when they worked a couple months out of the year and got 4x the tax return I got they would blow it on flatscreen tv's, computers and crap like that. Then whine about not having money for a washing machine

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
    2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

In one year, the ‘bama ‘lama ding dong will persuade Congress to create a bigger deficit then two terms with Bush (with two wars going on). The people leading the country are idiots! …proposal on taxing health car benefits? …Obama care? …taking over the auto industry? …global warming non-sense? …where does it end? It looks like we have a new provision in the tax code. My employer health benefits for my son are now going to be taxed every other year when my x claims him on her taxes. It has been five months of this crap…yes, we are definitely screwed! I won’t even start my rant on the international mess this idiot is creating.

This whole thing is BS. Hopefully, we will create some balance and throw the Dems out of Congress in a year and half.
      '77 K5 rock-crawler project
      '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
      '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
      '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
        We were already in a recession when Obama took office, I'm not defending what he's doing though kinda reminds me of your run of the mill 2 faced politician. Not that I'm sure what I would'a, could'a done if I were in his shoes, we've been in bad shape for atleast the last 4 years.
        Again, recessions come and go. This one was caused by bad debt and high energy prices. The last one was triggered by the dot-com bust. I guess since Bush inherited that one from Clinton, Clinton is responsible for the dot-com bust? right?

...things were pretty good until energy went through the roof. Going from $600 a month for gas to $1,200 a month is what killed my household.
        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
          We were already in a recession when Obama took office,...
          The recession was mostly caused by the policies the Clinton Administration put in place for the housing mortgage market. Google fair housing act 1995 (passed in 1994). And then if that wasn't bad enough slobbering Barney Franks came out this wanting to do it again! WTF.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Some of the original framers of the constitution felt that "we the people" were too stupid to elect a proper president. This is how we ended up with the Electoral College. I'm thinking they were right on!
            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
              never believed in him from day 1.

agreed

and this international crap? bash bush all you want but he would have been on the offensive already. some days when i hear this crap about iran and n korea i really ponder going to the store and buying ever can goods i can and actually buying as much ammo as i can find. its scary to think that life as we know it will change and i wont be able to go out and play with my kids if this crap keeps happening. and all thi seconomy crap is mind blowing. how the hell can you pass bills with out reading them? i saw on fox news that they brought in a speed reader for some bill cause it was 1100 pages or something like that and we made a big deal about them not reading the bills. wtf????

this country's leaders are a waste of time money and space and lack common sence. we need real people in there. not politicions. put some firefighters in there or teachers or military. just real people. these people are running our once great nation into the ground. 233 years down the drain! hey btw if you have a company that you started from ground up and worked your a$$ off we'll let you know how much you can pay yourself or your highest ranking employees soon. just give us a few bills that people wont read and we'll send you a memo. capitolism? oh its over rated................

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
              2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
                some days when i hear this crap about iran and n korea i really ponder going to the store and buying ever can goods i can and actually buying as much ammo as i can find.

http://hnn.us/roundup/comments/94149.html

Nothing new..............

Comment

WHERE IS THE STIMULUS?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=ahfK709b4uds
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I just hope there's someone strong enough around in 3-1/2 years to undo the damage. God help us all.
                    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Working...
                    X