No announcement yet.

Picked up a new DD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice car. It'll make a great daily commuter. It has the tried and true Buick 3800... Series III, and supercharged ... with a nice 260 hp kick!! Good luck with it. Looks sharp too. Sigh.... no more Pontiac, no more supercharged 3.8s I want to have a DD like that
    Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
    2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
      So,
      I apparently have the upgraded rear sway bar already.
      The STBs and HD Rear Trailing arms are still upgrades yes?
      STBs weren't stock on any 04 GP's. As for the trailing arms, I'm not sure. If your trailing arms are stamped steel and not tubular than you can upgrade them. You could still put some poly bushings on the rear sway bar if you find there's still too much understeer. The only way to upgrade the front sway bar is to replace the lower control arms with that of the previous gen car, but I doubt you'd ever want to go through that expense for a DD.

It's good to hear you found a CompG. It has upgraded shocks, rear sway bar, brakes, 3.29 final drive ratio vs. 2.93, and Magnasteer II. The heads up display is certainly cool.

With some searching on the GM media site, you may find out some other details.
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
      X