No announcement yet.

Wolfman, Injuneer, Joe etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah...I'm still here as well. Along with Fred and Ken...I've been on this board since it began (heck...how many of you know this board used to be on SLP's site?). I may not lead the way in post counts (only post if I feel I have something to say), but like Fred, I'm on everyday.

There are a lot of us "originals" that choose to answer questions when necessary, but don't feel the need to chime in on everything posted.

So, don't throw stones. We're still here...
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Funny I have seen several post that I knew how to answer but choose not to answer because Fred will usually give a better answer than mine so I let him. Funny I see Ken and Fred as a father figure and Joe as my brother (since I don't have either). I look at the forum every day several times a day.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I think a lot has to do with the cars themselves. Since the death of the F-body (as we knew it anyway), many regulars sold their Camaros and Firebirds and faded away from the boards.

I sold my T/A, but I stay for the people and friends I've made.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

This is the f-body forum. The new Camaro is not a f-body. That could be hindering new owners ability to find this sight? Has a single technical thread even been posted here yet regarding the new Camaro? Do we have any members with new Camaros?

Back in the day, practically everyone on this sight had a 4th gen Camaro, and you had guys like Fred and Rob documenting everything they did with pictures and posting it up. There were fixes and mods to be done.

If we all went out and bought a new Camaro and started posting up fixes and mods we'd draw the new users in.

The wait for the new Camaro was just too long for most of us and we ended up buying other cars like GTOs and Corvettes. Until my Vette is paid for, I'll be staying away from the new Camaros. In 4 years I might buy a used one.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
            The new Camaro is not a f-body.
            I guess I assumed it was since it carried the same name. What is the body code for the new Camaro?
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I'm on here several times a day, usually to flush the toilet and approve registrations or to attempt to help out when others don't have the answers. Die hards will hang around, trend followers die off like when a f-body platform ended production.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                I guess I assumed it was since it carried the same name. What is the body code for the new Camaro?
                I think its on the Zeta platform. So Z....it shares it with the Caddy XLR

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                  I'm awake! Unfortunatley, nobody seems to notice.
                  I always enjoy seeing what you have to say and also the image of what my car would look like with larger rubber.

The tech bits are interesting to me.
                  1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
                  2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
                  1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                    I agree - this board has been so dead lately. I remember when there were new posts every few minutes - now we get about 2 new threads a day! It's probably having a snowball effect and some are turning to other boards for advice and chatting. We gotta figure out a way to get some back in just for daily discussion and for tech help!
                    It's up to the members......... the amount of passion and drive.......... to become leaders who blaze those trails for others to follow along. This place is far more than just f-body. I've watched and experienced the pain of other's situations, watched Ken get totally out of hand with Zaino, received encouragement though my divorce, received phone calls and help from the members when I was in a brutal accident and subsequent surgery..... and suffered the loss of my beautiful TA.....

You see, this goes way beyond the normal forum. It may be smaller than some, but it can be the most tightly bonded group I've ever seen.

Blaze those trails folks! To heck with facebook, twitter or whatever. long live F-body.com

Oh...... by the way, I've found a suitable source for laser cutting and artwork so f-body.com merchandise is one step closer. I've got plans for keychains, emblems and such so if you have any ideas for other gear, let me know.

Comment

I agree, Joe. I've never met anyone here in person, but I would be honored to do so at some point in the future. Rarely is there a "flame fest" thread. When there is, it still stays way more civil and respectful than anywhere else I've been. We've been there for many life-changing events for many members on here.

I've done my best to give advice, and I've certainly been given quite a bit in return. I consider all of you friends.
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Glad to see y'all are alive and kicking ! I'll try and post some pics of socal for y'all and help in tech where I can answer but I'm happy you are staying busy car wise! I was afraid y'all got a prius or worse... two prius's !
                        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                        pics and info

Comment

me! out of hand with Zaino?...................

Actually, a lot of folks are dern glad I turned them on to it......

long live zainoism...............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                            I'm awake! Unfortunatley, nobody seems to notice.
                            You guys are always the chatterboxes here...LOL.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Joshu
                              I think its on the Zeta platform. So Z....it shares it with the Caddy XLR
                              Negative...the XLR is based loosely on the C6. You are right about it being on the Zeta platform...the basis for the G8. Zeta was Holden's brainchild...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Joe -1320 put a red ping pong ball on my nose............

see, this is what happens here........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                                X