No announcement yet.

Outdoor Car Cover Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm from North West Jersey (Sussex County), but have an apartment in Philly on campus. Since I have co-op, I go to school year round. Right now, i'm on my first co-op at the Philadelphia airport. I'm a sophmore, but I dont think that makes a difference....still a TON of work to go haha
    1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
    Mods:
    "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
    Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Crane 1.5rrs
    Comp high tech pushrods
    Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
    SLP Loudmouth II
    SLP Cold air intake
    PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
    UMI adjustable panhard
    UMI LCAs and relocation brackets

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      mall animal traps work wonder with cats. Available at feed stores, add the bait and set them up. When the critter has been collected, take it right over to the owner (if you know who it is) and inform them that next time it won't be returned to them. usually that ends the problem. If not, just go catfishing again. They are predictable.....

i had trouble stopping laughing from that one. lol. that would be a bold move
      -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
      2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Originally posted by 98 'Bird
        Mechanical Engineering. ....We're often drawn towards the same carreer paths and lifestyle here on this forum.

Mechanical Engineering major here too!
        -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
        2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Originally posted by RAF7789
          Mechanical Engineering major here too!
          Cool. Good thing you guys are still in school. It's bleek out here . We definitely have at least one more here in the field... Injuneer?
          And for the sake of not running off topic, both the Stormproof and Noah would be fine choices. Just look into them and pick the one that you feel fits your needs best.
          Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
          2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Comment

I have a new idea....Let me know what you guys think.

I was going to order the coverking stormproof car cover. Theyre not cheap, and I honestly dont think, no matter how good the cover is, that it will keep heavy rain/snow out. Would it be a better idea to get one of these?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...3893_200333893

Its going to be outside for the next 4 years, and i'm not going to be home for a good majority of that time. Do you think it would protect the car better than a cover?
            1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
            Mods:
            "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
            Pro 5.0 Shifter
            Crane 1.5rrs
            Comp high tech pushrods
            Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
            SLP Loudmouth II
            SLP Cold air intake
            PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
            UMI adjustable panhard
            UMI LCAs and relocation brackets

Comment

Originally posted by SeanC
              I have a new idea....Let me know what you guys think.

I was going to order the coverking stormproof car cover. Theyre not cheap, and I honestly dont think, no matter how good the cover is, that it will keep heavy rain/snow out. Would it be a better idea to get one of these?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...3893_200333893

Its going to be outside for the next 4 years, and i'm not going to be home for a good majority of that time. Do you think it would protect the car better than a cover?
              If you have the room for it I don't see why not. It beats having to make sure the car is spotless to cover it up. You could come home for a weekend, take it out for one night, and pull it back in. If i were in the position to get one I would if I knew how well they hold in wind, heavy snow, and in general. Probably just fine. A guy around my neighborhood has one for his Corvette. I think it's a neat idea and only second to building a real garage. Just my opinion.
              Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
              2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Comment

I had one for about four years but eventually it fell apart from the heft of the snow and the wind. You definitely have to push the snow off the top.
                Greg W. in West Michigan
                1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                X