Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to test drive a 2010 Camaro this Thusday...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice write up. A guy at work has a 2LT V6 auto. He seems to like it a lot, but he's only ever had V6 camaro's. Another guy at work keeps trying to get me to sell my GTO and buy a Corvette. I hardly ever use the backseat, but it's nice to have.
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Apparently Motor Trend is reporting the Z/28 will be available late 2011 and "probably" use the LSA making over 550 hp.

However, this rumor has been coming and going for two years, so only time will tell. The real hurdle is going to be price, as all expectations put the Z/28 in the mid $40s. That's going to be a hard sell for me, especially if I can slap a blower on the LS3 and make the same power for $5 - 6K less.

Truth be told, I'd rather have a 300 lb lighter car than an extra 125 hp any day. Fun in the twisties is much more satisfying than stop light to stop light.

Hmm, could be why I built my current bird the way I did.
      Al 96 Ram Air T/A
      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Todd - I liked the way you told the story. It answered many of the questions I would have inevitably asked. Going from initial start-up to the end of the test drive was perfect. Thanks!

Joe - Great point. Ford has an exclusive deal with Hertz and Budget (for convertible Mustangs). Here's the thing... GM might be missing an opportunity to take some of that market share away. Sure, it kind of taints the whole idea of owning one when you see them on a car rental lot, but at the same time, it allows that model to stick around due to positive sales. It's a catch 22, but I see no harm in releasing the less expensive V6 coupe and convertible models to companies like Alamo and Enterprise (GM exclusives). It would steal some of the thunder from the other companies, and the Camaro would be out there, seen in public more often.

But again, GM seems a tick too slow to release models, namely convertibles. They aren't a huge chunk of the sales, but they are great for rental car companies in warmer climates.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I was in Phoenix late last year.
          Avis had 50+ new Camaros, every color, SS incuded, on the lot wai-ting to be rented.
          Oh how I wished there were only 2 of us instead of 3 on the business trip....
          My DD
          2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
            I was in Phoenix late last year.
            Avis had 50+ new Camaros, every color, SS incuded, on the lot wai-ting to be rented.
            Oh how I wished there were only 2 of us instead of 3 on the business trip....
            That's a rarity. I was down in Florida six weeks ago in Jax, Daytona, then Ft Lauderdale. Not a Camaro to be found. Maybe some popping up in Phoenix is a sign of things to come.
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

Comment

A few years back (maybe 5?), GM made the business decision to stop/limit pushing models on the rental car companies. It was their hope that this would increase resale value, as the public perception was hindering the overall perceived value of the cars on the used car market. In essence, people equated GM cars with cheap, base model rental cars.

Whether this has worked or not is hard to tell. But I do see their point. However, the down side...I've only seen two Camaro (both V6) on the roads of NJ since they were released...just 2???? If they are selling, the are not selling in central NJ.
              Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

They are fairly common down here in Florida. 3 of them sitting on the dealer's lot that I pass every day. there's a few more around town, but not as many as Mustangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  They are fairly common down here in Florida. 3 of them sitting on the dealer's lot that I pass every day. there's a few more around town, but not as many as Mustangs.
                  My fault, Joe. I just read my last statement and realized I didn't specify rental lots. I saw quite a few Camaros down in Florida, but not I never saw one in a rental lot. I think that's where the marketshare can be had. Maybe they're on the way. I hope so.
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                  X