Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't people pull all the way forward?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trash man
    this happens more then not with me in the front loader, people think that if they can around me cuz im the slow one, usually theres a line then they relize oh darn i gotta get back in line and then think im gonna let them in. good rule of thumb is 2-3 ton vehicle isnt a match for a truck that weighs 25-30 tons. heck, i dumped a can the other day that weighed 3 tons by itself(we have scales in our trucks)
    There is a flip-side to this though. One of my biggest pet peeves is when I am driving on the highway with a car in the lane beside me, but a good 2 car lengths behind me. Then I signal to get over, and the A-hole steps on it to cut off the gap so that I can't get over. That is when I am guilty of what you guys were complaining about here. If I start over with plenty of room and then the guy comes barrelling up on me, I keep coming over.

Then there are the guys that will drive behind me in the left lane and just ride my bumper as if I can speed up when the lane is full of people going the same speed in front of me. So then they find a break in the traffic and jump over in the next lane, fly past me, slam on their brakes and slip into the gap between me and the guy in front of me. It's like...congratulations, dipsh*t, you just advanced one car length and are still moving at exactly the same speed. I get great satisfaction from speeding up just a little to get on the bumper of the car in front of me when they try that, so that they run out of room and get stuck in that slower moving lane...losing a few positions before they can get back to the left lane.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

yea i kno where your coming from, ive done that not realizing there were other cars and then feel like the idiot i have done that in my front loader tho, its usually cuz i drive in the slow lane, theres a left hand exit, i need to get over(truck maxs out at 62mph) and ill hit my turn signal, check my mirror then the person behind me pulls into the left lane and does my speed so now i gotta slow down to like 45 so i dont miss the exit.
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I'm observing this phenomenon now that you brought it up. Here in West Michigan, the average of folks engaging in this is about 1.5 car lengths.
        1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
        2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
        1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

I've been behind someone at a light and they stop well short, then creep up. I stay put and leave the two car lengths between us. I actually had some idiot laying on his horn behind me to move up.

Of course, this just caused me to wait a couple more seconds after the light changed before moving.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I was riding with my dad, he was driving, and he did it!!!
            1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
            2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
            1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

Working...
            X