No announcement yet.

Big decision to make..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will do great things. As bittersweet as it may be, I believe you made a very smart choice. Good luck in anything you decide to do from here.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Thanks All! The non-compete in the separation paperwork isn't extremely restrictive, so that's good. I spent Wednesday and Thursday getting everything in order. I have also been able to make some changes to our phone bills that will save us approximately $50 a month with no loss of service. I'll go after the insurance company's next week to see what I can do to reduce those. Today I am working on some siding work that I have been trying to get to for the last 4 years. It feels good getting some things off the to-do list... I'll be updating my resume over the weekend and I already have 3 leads...
      2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
      1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
      2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
      2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
      2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by Gary94Formula
        I'll go after the insurance company's next week to see what I can do to reduce those.
        Make sure to take into account the reduced milage if you're commute was significant. Good Luck!!!
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Thanks.. I did take that into account. Just updated the resume and now going to send some out.

I did get a message from a friend of mine recently and he has terminal cancer. He was fine at the beginning of April and then didn't feel well mid month and the found that he was full of cancer. It's pretty much everywhere but his liver and brain at this point. I'll try to spend some time with him while I'm off to help his family through things.
          2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Originally posted by Gary94Formula
            Thanks.. I did take that into account. Just updated the resume and now going to send some out.

I did get a message from a friend of mine recently and he has terminal cancer. He was fine at the beginning of April and then didn't feel well mid month and the found that he was full of cancer. It's pretty much everywhere but his liver and brain at this point. I'll try to spend some time with him while I'm off to help his family through things.
            No paycheck in the world can replace that. I'm sure him and his family appreciate you very much. My prayers are with him.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Ok, I figured I'd post an update now that I have been out of work for 5 weeks. The stress reduction was immediate. I have gotten 3 projects done around the house that I was going to pay someone else to do, so that has been a savings. I started networking pretty heavily last week to see what's available in the area job wise. I figure if I'm lucky, it will take 6-9 months to find a new job. I'm enjoying the summer relaxing and getting a lot of projects done I have been meaning to get to in the last 3-4 years.

The friend of mine with the cancer is on his 2nd chemo treatment. They seem to be helping after he gets through the initial few days of being sick. I am going to try and meet up with him next week and take him down to his cottage to get away for the day if he's up for it.
              2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
              2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Just a 4 month update... I still haven't landed another position yet, but I did qualify for unemployment since it was a staff reduction. We are doing great. I have been able to go on a few business trips with my wife since I have the time. I’ve been taking a lot of refresher courses at a local out placement company to help make me more marketable. Also, I’ve had about 8 interviews in the last month, so hopefully something will happen soon.

On a sad note, the friend of mine with cancer passed away at 58 on Thursday. That is a wakeup call. Only 5 months after he was diagnosed. Since then my cousin was also diagnosed with terminal cancer. She will be 50 on Oct 12th is she makes it. Her sister is getting married Oct 10th and I think that is what's keeping her going.

Remember folks to enjoy every day....
                2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Damn...when it rains it pours.

Sounds like things are going well. Keep it up!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Well, My cousin passed away last night at 8:50 2 days short of her 50th birthday. Unfortunately, she didn't get to see her sister get married yesterday at 4 pm, but she did last until after the wedding. RIP Janine...

Cancer sucks... 2 friends in 11 days... Enjoy each day everyone.
                    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Well, after quite a long time, I am back in the workforce. I started Monday for a small company in their service and operations organization. There was a lot of emotions being out of work for almost 8 months. I am extremely excited about this new opportunity and so far it's great.

Good enough that I might have to start thinking of trading the GTO for some new toy....
                      2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                      2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

So would you make the same decision?

Congrats on the job!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Great to hear. Welcome back in the workforce!
                          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Thanks guys.... I think it was the right thing to do, but I know now to look for a new job while you have one. Luckily I had a heck of a severance package.
                            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Well, after 3 months at the new position, I am still loving it. It's great to be back on the tech side of the business... I did have to take a pay cut, but no where near the 40% reduction that I had thought.
                              2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                              2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Glad to hear it is working out for you. I recently had to find new employment as well. It was a scary time without a job but managed to find a position making a little more than I was though a lot longer drive so it basically equals out. On the plus side, there is a lot more potential of making more money and enhancing my skills.
                                Greg W. in West Michigan
                                1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                                1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                                1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                                1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                                1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                                <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                                X