Wow....long time!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow....long time!

Hey guys! It's been a while. I was under the impression for the longest time that this site had been taken down because I couldn't get it to work. I hope all is well with you guys. I've missed posting here and was glad to see that I could get onto the site.
    Anyway, I've gone through a car change recently. I had to sell the 2000 V6 due to a head gasket leak that was going to be too expensive to fix and justify the expense at 135K miles. So, after borrowing my brother's old 98 Cavalier for about 4 months and driving that with no AC, I finally decided I had to go ahead and bite the bullet. Which lead me to purchase this beauty:

She is a 45th Anniversary 2012 V6 RS. I really wanted the SS, but much like when I bought my 2000, the V8 was out of my financial reach. But, that being said, I am loving the car. The 323hp is plenty (for now) and the car is loaded. The payment hurts a bit after not having one for the last 6 years, but I'll get used to it. Let me know what you think.
    Ok, now time to start reading some posts to catch up a bit. It's great to be back!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

glad to have ya back, hopefully more members follow suit. it seems that who issue with the site scared em off for now

jelous of your new car man. im trying hard to get into a f-body or a gto. this civic doesnt cut it at all
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Nice new ride. Went to test drive a limited edition 2012 SS at a local dealer. Just as we pulled out of the lot it started pouring down and I could not really enjoy the drive with it. Nice car but vision is somewhat limited, a thing to have to get used to. Might go for a 2011 SS if I find a used one with the configuration I would like to save some $$. Insurance would go up a nice junk also.

Haven't really decided where to go. Will test drive a 2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8 this weekend and may even try a 2005 or 2006 Vette.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

bee-YOO-ti-ful!!!
        R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Thanks, Guys!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I love those 45th's. I was about to pull the trigger on one when they announced the ZL1.

Best of luck with it.

Comment

Great pick! I had to really wait on the 5th gen to grow on me, but with the updates, especially the interior on the 12's...it's so much nicer.

Black 5th gens are the only way to go! She's gorgeous!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
              X