No announcement yet.

Best Music to Race/Cruise to

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you wanna drive fast listen to SLAYER....period. The best metal band ever. Or you could put in some Diecast, Shadows Fall, Chimaira, Slayer, Fear Factory, Devil Driver, first or last Coal chamber, OLD Anthrax (pre 92), As I Lay Dying, Hatebreed, Six Feet Under...I could go on for a while (I'm a big metal guy) oh and the best is SLAYER.....
    Tonedef
    94 Formula

Comment

Thanx tonedeaf I was woundering why no one was mentioning slayer.Hatebreed, Agent Orange, old Rancid, and AC/DC are all good but Slayer is the best metal band ever and good to cruise to.
      98 z-71 silverado white
      93 trans am, green, a4, 96 trans am motor swap in progress

Comment

Originally posted by 02Z28
        heh, just last night i had a cop tell me to turn down my music....i was jamming to some Mushroomhead on the stock Monsoon, and he shined his spotlight on me to get my attention, then said "No one around here wants to hear your music, turn it down...."

hahahahaha

then i just turned it back up once he was out of range again.....
        atleased thats all u got..they are always pulling me over because of the stereo..( i have a little more then a stock monsoon sub )

Comment

I went to Ozzfest near Seattle this summer. I've listened to Slayer since 1988. Seeing these guys play was still fun. I've been listening to a lot of Slayer but I bought the new Chevelle CD and have been listening to that a lot too. I need to replace my speakers. Any recommendations?
          Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Comment

Did anybody mention Rage Against the Machine. I popped that in last night and it reminded me how badass they are.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lt1maro
              personally, I love to race to rap

DMX- "X gone give it to ya"
              Ludacris- "2 Fast 2 furious"
              Ja Rule- "F*ck you"

Wow...
              And I agree, new Metallica sucks... (a lot)
              Working on the 80 Camaro Z28 ..
              Now driving a '90 Talon TSi AWD Turbo...

Comment

Well, I'm older than you boys, so, I prefer Earth Wind & Fire, Chicago Band, Shakatak, Frank Sinatra (the dance ones!!), Joe Satriani, Def Leppard, AC -DC, Van Halen, Santana and the "2-on-tha-left" SLP cat back plus the Y pipe high flow dual cats' sound!!!!, when i cross a road tunnel, specially, jejeje.

Best regards
                Doc
                97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

I remember a couple of others. This is the best cruising song of all time:
                  Green Onions- Booker T and the MG's
                  Some others are:
                  CCR- Run Through The Jungle
                  Lynyrd Skynyrd- Freebird <---- I know there are some Skynyrd fans on here
                  Waylon Jennings- Dukes of Hazard Theme song
                  Led Zepelin- Over The Hills and Far Away
                  Jimi Hendrix- Cross Town Traffic
                  97 SS #C007
                  Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                  SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

I came across this one the other day and I thought it would be appropriate. Sammy Hager: Trans Am (Highway Wonderland) It's a little old (like me) and the lyrics are funny "6.6 liter is a little heavy when lining up against a 350 Chevy"

A fovorite of mine is Van Halen: Unchained. Hard to drive the speed limit with that one crankin.
                    2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
                    buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
                    Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Metallica - anything but St. Anger
                      Megadeth
                      Nirvana
                      Local H - Fritz's Corner always gets me a lil rowdy behind the wheel
                      Meatpuppets - Backwater (straight cruisin' music)
                      Stone Temple Pilots
                      Godsmack
                      Alice in Chains
                      Stevie Vai
                      Jimmy Hendrix
                      Led Zeppelin
                      Van Halen
                      Lynyrd Skynyrd
                      Ozzy
                      Sabbath

Too many d@mn bands to think of, those were just off the top of my head.
                      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

I was listenin' to some classic rock with my boss last week. When George Thorogood's Bad to the Bone came on, it almost felt like no other song belonged on my radio at the time. Kinda intimidating to pull up next to some lady in a minivan and have the song just start with the little guitar solo.
                        Steve
                        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

upon further review, i have decided the following are musts

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
                          ZZ Top - LaGrange (definitely cruisin music)
                          Sammy Hagar - I can't drive 55
                          Soundgarden
                          Toadies - Rubberneck Album
                          Some Smashing Pumpkins
                          Pantera
                          Some Foo Fighters
                          Some G-n-R
                          Velvet Revolver

If i had to have a number one album though, i would say the album that i have listened to the most in my car, as a matter of fact i dont think it has left my changer once....

Metallica's ...And Justice For All
                          From Blackened to Dyer's Ever, that album just kicks a$$
                          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

if I'm racin or drivin fast... Disturbed, older metallica, but my Favorite for drivin fast or racin... Pennywise!! The best punk band ever!!

For crusin with the t's off.. usually something of the sublime nature, i.e. Sublime, Long beach Dub Allstars, Slightly Stoopid, Bob Marley, Jack Johnson, G. Love, 311, and Various reggae on XM (what can i say... Im a beach bum!) or the occasional night or day where I feel techno is a must.

Never could get into the rap thing though. Just something about it just doesnt do it for me. But if y'all like it, more power to you. But I feel like there is nothing better than having some good reggae playin while crusin the beach with the t's off. Just me 2 cents!
                            86 Firebird, Just a lowly 6 banger, sold
                            Plans for an '02 WS6 are in the mix for 2008 (after I'm out of the army)

Comment

Megadeath
                              AC/DC
                              Limpbizkit (their new disc)
                              Older Metallica (am I evil etc.)
                              Rammstein
                              Disturbed
                              Drowning Pool
                              Linkin Park
                              Audio Slave
                              Mindless Self Indulgence
                              Insane Clown Posse (The Great Melinko)