No announcement yet.

Looking for a couple parts for my 94 Formula

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have known N20LT4bird for a litle over a year and have rode in the bird a couple of times. I can say that the gears do wine a bit (not loud, but defenatly there) and over the last year I haven't heard it get worse. He's not trying to sell you a bum rear end or anything. As for if it's the fact that it's richmond gears or backlash i don't know, but it's sounded the same for as long as I've known him. If you still want to buy gears he gave you a place to get Yucon; as for Motive gears, www.motivegear.com seems to be their site, unless thats someother company. Hope this helps.
    SOLD: 91 Firebird, 350 .030 over, flat top pistons, done up 305 (14022801) heads, performer rpm airgap intake, 292/292 .501/.501 cam, holley 4150 (800cfm) carb, Th400 trans, Gm 10 bolt posi rear end. Currently running 14.6 at 93 mph. Now driving a 04 Mitsu Lancer, slower but at 1.87 per gallon for gas; much cheaper to run

Comment

hey guys,
      thanks for the help i really dont want to buy to much for this car it seems when i put things into this car it is more expensive too put it in the car then actually the part itself. anyways i can get a gear for around 175 from summit. So, i think i am going to do that. As, for the rear-end it is brand new only 1,000 miles on it that is why i dont want another one. The guy i bought this car from blew the whole rear end. he had the car running tens if that tells you anything anyways he fixed the whole rear end and he put the stock gears back in . So, know i am just looking for a good set of gears and putting a shift kit on it for now. Ofcorse there will be more mods in time. im thinking for now not going over a 1,000 dollars which should be fine for a shift kit and gears. right? but like i said im getting a shift kit and gears is there anything else i should consider getting. Cold Air Intake,headers, or something else?

Comment

Kwild - your formula was going 10's? Wouldnt that mean it was stroked, cammed big time, already built trans, blower, and proly some NOS, along with alot of other stuff already. IMHO
        1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

If your thinking about bolting headers and a cold air intake on the car, it wasnt running tens, unless you mean in the 1/8 mile. He was telling you a story.
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

n you guys dont understand. the guy i bought this car from had it running 10's in a quater mile. he had basically every type of mod on the car NOS, built racing trans, supercharged and everything inbetween. he bought a 1997 Trans Am with only 20,000 miles on it and switched everything over to that car except the exhaust and computer. so i personally was not running tens on this car. The guy before who had this car was. i just want to make it faster and by august area i want to be running atleast 12.9 even 13.1 would be nice. this is why i came too you guys for the questions what should i do with the formula. now that i have some money in the pocket and some peoples recommedations. right now i have about 500 in my pocket to play with the car. the rest will come but for now what should i do. remeber the car is basically stock besides and exhaust and computer. everything else that the guy had is gone

Comment

If you have 500, the gears and installation is going to run you more than that. Gears= 175 Install kit= 90 Labor = 300. You may want to look into something else. Headers is good start. Nitrous??
              96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
              11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

ok well what brand do you reccomend i look at for headers?

Comment

Jet HOt long tubes, Hooker super comp long tubes
                  1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Comment

how much? any place you reccomend?

Comment

Jet Hots like $530 or so, and not sure on the hookers, but those are the only ones that i would put on my car. But long tubes dont really do much for basically stock f-body's, like both of us have. I am gonig to do heads, cam, and headers all at the same time. Long tubes will only get you about a tenth in the quarter mile. But i would have speed inc do them. Im not sure on the install price, i think like 300 but i could be wrong.

Comment

thanks but if im not going to get anything out of them ill just put the gear and the shift kit in and leave in at that. i guess ill just wait to put everything in till july when i got like 2 g's then i put some more speed to my ride till then ill just drive it. i mean there is nothing wrong just driving a f-body w/ an exhaust and a chip on it. i mean a civic still couldnt touch me.

Comment

Gears won't cost that much if your rear is in good working order and youre willing to swap the gear yourself. All you really need is a pinion crush sleeve ($5.00) and a good impact wrench (+ gears), and the install will run you about ~180.

If you go this route, you won't be changing bearings or resetting clearances, you will be relying on the factory settings to produce an adequate wear pattern (which most of the time will happen).

The dealer can correct your speedometer for ~$60, but I'm not sure if they can do it when you run a non stock ratio. I went with a 3.42, so for me it wasn't a problem.

Comment

I have a Moroso cold air for sale off of a 1995 Z-28 camaro, $50 +shipping, it also has a K&N cone filter on it
                            1995 z-28, six speed, centerforce d.f clutch, moser4:10,afr heads, zz-409 cam,full tubes w/ c.o.,nx direct port kit-150shot,hoosier qtp's
                            dyno
                            NA -356 rwhp, 360ft/lbs
                            N20 -510rwhp, 521ft/lbs

Comment

that intake sounds promising. i just might want that could i get back to you. also i live in IL so can you check how much shipping + the insurance would be. also i want to see a pic of it. You can either send me and email at kwild5@yahoo.com or PM me what ever you like.

Comment

Working...
                              X