antenna problem... anyone knows ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antenna problem... anyone knows ???

i installed my aftermarket radio and connected all the wires properly but the antenna just doesn't come up

?????????????????????/////what sould i do?
    1999 T/A M6 STOCK Slp Loudmouth , SKIPSHIFT ELIMINATOR, KNN FILTER SLP Short Throw Shifter w. slanted short stick, Ram PowerGrip Clutch C6Motorsport Rims w. 285/40 GoodYears
    CAR IS SOLD

There's usually a power antenna wire that also has to be connected. If you connected that also, then maybe the motor is dead. If not, I have no clue man.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

yeah ui conected the wire , then pluged my oem monsoon it worked but the aftermarket one just doesnt
      1999 T/A M6 STOCK Slp Loudmouth , SKIPSHIFT ELIMINATOR, KNN FILTER SLP Short Throw Shifter w. slanted short stick, Ram PowerGrip Clutch C6Motorsport Rims w. 285/40 GoodYears
      CAR IS SOLD

Comment

Some people have modified the power supply to the antenna by adding a switch. Whenever you listen to CD's the antenna can stay down and if you want to listen to the radio, flip it and up goes the antenna.

Reduces the drag too
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Could it be a switched ground from the factory radio that makes it go up? Try grounding the wire from the ANTENNA NOT the radio to something metal on the car with the key on, and see if it goes up. Just a thought
          NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
          (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

With my pioneer preimer deck the ant. only comes up when I put it on radio.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
            6.2L/382.97 ci
            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
            WCT-5 speed
            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
            Boss MS 18" Rims
            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
            Custom Dual exhaust
            1LE upgrade
            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
            In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Depending on what kind of radio you have, you may have hooked up the wrong wire. Some radios come with an amp turn on lead AND a power antenna lead. You have to use the right one.

Also, with the Monsoon, there may actually be two power antenna wires, and you have to jump the wire over to energize both wires or the antenna will not come up. I've seen that happen even though it is very rare.
              "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
              X