Valve locks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve locks

So, I'm putting together a possible project for the Z and have a question on which valve locks to go with. I'm getting Comp 1.6 RRs, 978 springs, 776 retainers and 4712 locators. Which lock would be best? Are there any other parts I should need? Thanks.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

I have CC 611, 11/32, 10 degree locks.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Dude, is there a reason why you're going with those springs? Just a couple thoughts...
      Are you going to get a cam in the future? I've read you might need machining for them, but did you find otherwise? Also, I think they're pretty stiff, 400+ lb rating. Aren't they good up to a .600 or so lift?
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Looks like Steve wants a big bump stick!

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
          Dude, is there a reason why you're going with those springs? Just a couple thoughts...
          Are you going to get a cam in the future? I've read you might need machining for them, but did you find otherwise? Also, I think they're pretty stiff, 400+ lb rating. Aren't they good up to a .600 or so lift?
          Yeah, there's a reason hehehe

Hey Kev., which locks would be good? The 611s that Raro mentioned or would there be a better set?
          Steve

Comment

the best thing to do is talk to comp cams. I told them what cam I had and they rec. the springs, locks, and retainers. That's who I decided what to get. Give them a call, or check their catalog. It's in there.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              the best thing to do is talk to comp cams. I told them what cam I had and they rec. the springs, locks, and retainers. That's who I decided what to get. Give them a call, or check their catalog. It's in there.
              Thanks man, Kev. answered my question. Looks like 611s it is
              Steve

Comment

Working...
              X