No announcement yet.

hmmmm.. our Firehawk..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're lucky i didn't see this until now otherwise i would have chewed your ()() out! I'm glad you decided to keep it. Face it though, you need it, especially since you don't have your comp ta anymore. That hawk is an amazing machine, and is a dream car of mine. I would do anything to get the $$$ to buy one myself, and you can legitimately say that you own one. I don't care if there are faster or better handling cars out there, if you are an f-body enthusiast (which im hopin' ya still are ), then that car is absolutely priceless. It's a rare and unique hawk in mint condition with low miles. It's your toys which will always keep you young in mind, body, and spirit....even if you are a little overdue for your next dose of metamucil

Keep it and thank us all later
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Ken.....I think you have decided to keep the Hawk but I will share a little life experience with you anyway from one old guy to another. All my life I have had performance cars except for one period in my life when I went into "practical" mode. I always regretted that time and vowed it wouldn't happen again.

You need to have a performance car around.........it will be in your blood even if you live to be 100. The same is true for myself. Sometimes I feel a little foolish being a gray haired ,ahem, gentleman driving a car better suited to someone a lot younger. But every time I drive it I have this big smile on my face that would definitely be missing if I didn't have that Camaro. Keep the Firehawk...........you love your Firebirds and they aren't making any more of them. While you enjoy driving it, the car will start to increase in value too. So what do you have to loose?
      Dave S
      2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

Nice choice, personally I'd get rid of one of those gas hogging suv's before the thought of selling that bird ever crossed my mind.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
        2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
          Nice choice, personally I'd get rid of one of those gas hogging suv's before the thought of selling that bird ever crossed my mind.
          we cant...remember..we both do animal rescue, i own my own company and she works for another one..... she transports..

and i have to go up into some God forsaken areas to do evals on wolves and wolfdogs...........and i do mean nasty ... rutted mudded out secondary roads... etc...

the two envoys were bought for our rescue missions... mine was a write off

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by SS_CarGuy
            Ken.....I think you have decided to keep the Hawk but I will share a little life experience with you anyway from one old guy to another. All my life I have had performance cars except for one period in my life when I went into "practical" mode. I always regretted that time and vowed it wouldn't happen again.

You need to have a performance car around.........it will be in your blood even if you live to be 100. The same is true for myself. Sometimes I feel a little foolish being a gray haired ,ahem, gentleman driving a car better suited to someone a lot younger. But every time I drive it I have this big smile on my face that would definitely be missing if I didn't have that Camaro. Keep the Firehawk...........you love your Firebirds and they aren't making any more of them. While you enjoy driving it, the car will start to increase in value too. So what do you have to loose?
            i know.. and you are right... ive had perf. cars since i was 18......that was 40 years ago..................ive always had one in the family...

still do

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Wise choice Ken! You won't regret it....
              2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
              1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
              2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
              2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
              2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Just keep stalling until i can afford it In all honesty i fell in love with that car the first time i saw the pictures . . . i know it sounds a lil much but its an amazing vehicle.
                -Nick-
                95 A4 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
                  Just keep stalling until i can afford it In all honesty i fell in love with that car the first time i saw the pictures . . . i know it sounds a lil much but its an amazing vehicle.
                  even though my CompTA won a ton of car shows (many times the hawk didnt get in them though..) and even though it was a rarer faster car... the Hawk turns more heads than the CompTA ever did... she puts you in the streets lime lights, not kiddin...

Comment

the comp was a beautiful car as well, although the firehawk name just seems more common to people. then again the comp wasnt as commonly found so you got me on that one. i think part of it could be the thousands of dollars and countless hours into detailing it. if you put your time into black it will look amazing and thats one fine example.
                    -Nick-
                    95 A4 Z28

Comment

Ken... Go drink some Zaino and come to your senses man!
                      Sell the HAWK? ? ? You must be losing your hair...err ... mind. The hair is already gone!

We must start a "Save the Hawk" campaign!
                      1999 Black TA Ram Air M6 with lots of Mods and many coats of Zaino!
                      http://community.webshots.com/user/runbikejrb1

Comment

Working...
                      X