argghhh costley lesson lernt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• argghhh costley lesson lernt

if you did not know it is snowing over here in the uk and as usual the highways authority was not prepaired and left the gritting till the last minute so the lesson is not to try and drive a formula in the snow i found out the hard way by hitting a kerb at about 5 mph with the wheel locked up (abs desided not to work at just the right moment) hitting it flat on rim paralel with the kerb denting my zr1 rim and throwing the tracking (alingment) out at the same time the stearing wheel now totally obscures the tempture and oil presure gauge. do you think i have done any other major damage or could it just have knocked the alingment out (wishfull thinking ) dam dam dam dam dam ect ect
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

thats one of the reasons I didn t drive my t/a here
    wet roads, narrow roads, too much traffic , many company cars and so on

Good luck , it doesn t seem that bad
    93 t/a A4 3.23s
    95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
    99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
    99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
    97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
    93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
    00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Sorry to hear about your problem. I think you may have more problems than are apparent at first glance if your steering wheel is mis-centered. The car really needs to be put on a lift and thoroughly inspected. I suspect you may have some bent suspension or steering components like tie-rods. Worse case too, you may have bent the sub frame. I wouldn't be driving the car until you can get it checked out.
      Dave S
      2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by SS_CarGuy
        Sorry to hear about your problem. I think you may have more problems than are apparent at first glance if your steering wheel is mis-centered. The car really needs to be put on a lift and thoroughly inspected. I suspect you may have some bent suspension or steering components like tie-rods. Worse case too, you may have bent the sub frame. I wouldn't be driving the car until you can get it checked out.
        Agreed.. I'd take it strait to an allignment shop and have them inspect it / fix it / allign it.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

i run the car into a shop yesterday and had them check it over but being as it is american they scrached ther heads a bit so i sayed that the alignment should be paralel which i got of the net is this right? they sayed that they could not see any thing bent and staightend the stearing wheel up (a little to far to the left now but beter than it was) the car has all ways sufferd from bump stear and pulling over uneaven roads is this a comon fault when running 245.40.17 tyres ?
          edit
          http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
          C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
          mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

255-40-17 thats an odd tire size. What size are the rims? Do you mean 275 instead of 255?
            94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

I have a chiltons service manual, if you think it will help I ll get the allignment numbers for you
              93 t/a A4 3.23s
              95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
              99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
              99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
              97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
              93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
              00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Working...
              X