'94 headlights and overdrive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 headlights and overdrive

Well I took a trip to Lauderdale to see my new grandson and When I fired up the formula (94) and touched the brakes the headlights popped up. OK, turned them on and got going anyway. It just rained and well maybe moisture got to something??? 150 miles later it didn't want to stay in overdrive except that the other gears seemed fine. It would be nice if I just have an electrical problem as I searched here pretty hard but found no support of that idea. If I need my tranny done in west central FL ,plze someone point me in the right direction. I read that the shifting into overdrive is partially an electrical move. Just when you start loving the car....
    '94 formula (red)
    '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9L

Originally posted by KARA

Well I took a trip to Lauderdale to see my new grandson and When I fired up the formula (94) and touched the brakes the headlights popped up. OK, turned them on and got going anyway. It just rained and well maybe moisture got to something??? 150 miles later it didn't want to stay in overdrive except that the other gears seemed fine. It would be nice if I just have an electrical problem as I searched here pretty hard but found no support of that idea. If I need my tranny done in west central FL ,plze someone point me in the right direction. I read that the shifting into overdrive is partially an electrical move. Just when you start loving the car....
    id like to help, and ive been involved with f bodies since 1967.......but i have never heard of that one before.......... the headlight brake thing that is...
    as far as the tranny.. it just might need some work...how many miles do you have on it?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Just approaching 100,000 but the preveous owner, a friend, had the dealer replace it with a factory replacement at about 50K. I don't run it hard I just like to test 100 every once in a while as we have a long bridge here that sorta allows it. Yeah I saw in an early postong that this is new to you (headlight thing) well If I turned the right directional it would pop up and down in sequence with the flasher and no blinking. Got it home the next day and, yeah the headlight thing quit but won't go into overdrive or stay there. Thanks for any help
      '94 formula (red)
      '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9L

Comment

I've heard of stripped headlight gears causing the lights to go up/down with the parking lights. If you had a bulb installed incorrectly it could short the parking light to the brake light and then in conjunction with a stripped headlight gear cause the light to go up and down?

I'm grasping for straws, but it is the only thing I can think of.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

thanks you may be on to something. I do have a brake light bulb that acts up. I'm going to get the brass kits for the headlight motor if they are still available.
          '94 formula (red)
          '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9L

Comment

I know this sounds out there but check your third brake light for moisture. I had weird electrical problems with mine once and it ended up being moisture in that light.
            1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Yes that third brake lite can do all kinds of goofy things. Also the brass
              gears are on E bay all the time. Good luck Blazer

Comment

I have been having problems with that light/ I'll be all over it in the AM. Thnx.

Is my tranny going
                '94 formula (red)
                '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9L

Comment

Working...
                X