NFB: C6 Z06 -- 11.5 @ 128.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
    If this is true, thats UNBELIEVABLE. I would have to question the same thing some of the guys are questioning on that thread. How does that car trap 128? That takes some serious power......like 500 rwhp. I thought it was making around 450 HP at the flywheel? My car is making 460 HP and 560 ft/lbs at the wheels (on a mustang dyno) and its only trapping 122 mph. Something doesnt add up. Im gonna have to mortgage the house or something if my car cant keep up with a stock vette!
    You thought it was 450 flywheel? Where've you been man?

I agree with the rest here though... something doesn't quite add up. Sources say the motors are all dyno'ing 510-520 at the crank.

Don't forget though... the car weighs about a quarter ton less than the f-body.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
      Every time I buy a lottery ticket, I see imagine its a picture of a Z06...... .
      Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to get me a ticket today.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

If this is true, thats UNBELIEVABLE. I would have to question the same thing some of the guys are questioning on that thread. How does that car trap 128? That takes some serious power......like 500 rwhp. I thought it was making around 450 HP at the flywheel? My car is making 460 HP and 560 ft/lbs at the wheels (on a mustang dyno) and its only trapping 122 mph. Something doesnt add up. Im gonna have to mortgage the house or something if my car cant keep up with a stock vette!
        I am not sure if this would have an effect on the trap time, but the C6 ZO6 is about 100lbs lighter then the base C6 which is several hundred lbs lighter then our f-bodies. The weight/hp ratio may be pretty close or better then what you have thus picking up an extra mph or two.
        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
          You thought it was 450 flywheel? Where've you been man?

I agree with the rest here though... something doesn't quite add up. Sources say the motors are all dyno'ing 510-520 at the crank.

Don't forget though... the car weighs about a quarter ton less than the f-body.
          Well, apparently Im wrong then, but you really need that kind of power at the wheels, even if the car is 500 lbs less than the f-body.....plus id like to meet the guy who runs 11's on street tires, I dont care how much power your making.
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Well Kevin you can start morgage procedures now!!!!

Comment

I've seen quite a few cars go in the 11s on street tires. They have super high trap speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                I've seen quite a few cars go in the 11s on street tires. They have super high trap speeds.
                Generally, if you have over 500 HP to the wheels, you have enough power to blow the street tires off halfway down the track. That tends to limit your E.T.
                96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

Generally, if you have over 500 HP to the wheels, you have enough power to blow the street tires off halfway down the track. That tends to limit your E.T.
                  And that's why the Z06 (if the original quoted numbers are correct) pulls 128mph, but only runs 11.5.... the ET is limited by the tires. With correct setup, a car that can run 128mph can run mid 10's.

Reducing the race weight by 500# reduces the power required to run 128mph by 85 flywheelHP.
                  Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                    And that's why the Z06 (if the original quoted numbers are correct) pulls 128mph, but only runs 11.5.... the ET is limited by the tires. With correct setup, a car that can run 128mph can run mid 10's.

Reducing the race weight by 500# reduces the power required to run 128mph by 85 flywheelHP.
                    I suppose......I still want to see these numbers as hard facts......cause I still cant believe it. If 128 mph is true, the new Zo6 is gotta be one of the fastest, if not the fastest production cars of all time.....

Comment

I suppose......I still want to see these numbers as hard facts......cause I still cant believe it.
                      You and me both. I just hope I am behind the wheel to see it first hand as I pick up my ticket at the return booth.

Comment

I see all kinds of cars running 11's on street tires all the time. But yes, it will limit the ET and usually push up the MPH a little.

At 3050 lbs, a car making 440 to the tire has the ability to run a 10.53 by my math. If this car makes 440 to the tire and weighs in at roughly 3050 lbs, the 128 trap is within reason. And oh boy do I hope it is because like Sean said, this will be one of the fastest production cars ever if so !

Comment

There is a second gen, full exhaust Camaro in KC that drives to the track, bolts on his slicks and leaves the mufflers hooked up. It runs in the high 9s.

I know that is off from the subject but that car just amazes me.

Comment

Working...
                          X