No announcement yet.

Headers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coated is the only way to go. I also knew that I would eventually be lowering the car, so ground clearance for me was of utmost importance. I've done several long tube conversions on friend's cars and I knew I didn't want do deal with the compromises. My coated SLP shorties and random tech Y pipe don't give up any clearance, no rubbing or scraping, no rust either. I've dropped the car 2 inches and no problems. Granted the passenger side header configuration is a little strange, but the combo of the headers and Y pipe are fantastic. I think the Y pipe had quite a bit to do with that. Random Tech makes good stuff! The only real issue is that the driver's side cat is relocated down to a position that is parallel to the passenger side cat under the floor.

You can see how the converters are now parallel under the floor. This particular application is for AS&M headers, but the basic configuration is still the same.

Comment

see i am 17, and money is an issue... i wanted to pick up those macs for 399 for my 94, the midleghnts with offroad y-pipe and then weld in a 3 inch piece to take place of the cat. how long will the MAC's last, i wash my car alot, dont drive down dirt, dont drive in the winter, and not very much in the rain. are they a decent set of headers as far as performacne adn sound go?
      1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

Working...
      X