No announcement yet.

Compression on LT1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest expense of the whole thing besides the parts is going to be the machine work and balancing.....I think I paid around a grand for the machining of the block and balancing. I assembled mine myself, but I wouldnt think the machine shop would charge too much to assemble the motor.....maybe another few hundred dollars? It may be worth it if this is your first motor. Practice on something less expensive!
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Oh great, just what the forum needs... another lunatic from Manitowoc.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Tracy,
        Email me

AL

1995 Z28 M6 Ragtop
        Mods are:
        18X9 1/2 ZO6 rims
        Hot Wheels steering wheel cover
        Hurst Classic Shifter Ball with 6-speed pattern
        K&N CAI , I LIKE IT!! it REALLY does make a difference!

more pictures of the hooptie

Comment

AL your car is so slow my grandson riding car will beat your Z28. This will be about my 12 engine that I would have builded. So I'm not new to the rebuilding of engines. I posted this post to get claficatiion on the conition of my engine. Reason being is my Ford friend was giving me sh--- about how weak my engine is. To be wise I ask the question about the Z28 engine easy movement. As far as AL Manitowoc don't claim him and I don't know who will claim AL as a resident. Thanks Everybody for there replies except AL

Comment

Working...
          X