CAGS/skip shift problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAGS/skip shift problems

Got my 99 SS back from the Clutch shop with new everything. Feels good except the skip shift is back. I had installed a bypass unit form RKI 6 years ago. OKay help me out. Do you unplug the harnes in the trans driver side and plug i tback into the Skip Shift bypass or...?

Pull the clip, attach the larger end to the cable and the cap to the tranny. Voila, you are done. Make sure you zip tie the harness so it doesn't move around.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

And to make sure you get the right harness connector.....

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Question: Does the harness have a tag on it that says "skip shift" on the Fbodies like it does on the Corvettes? Just curious.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

My 94 didn't. The first time I pulled the harness connector off I lost the speedo..... duh!

The tranny in the picture is out of a 97, so it's slightly different than the one on Stroked68Vert's LS1, but the connections are all in the same place.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

CAGS bypass worked!!!

Did it last night. Thanks for all of the help. Now I shift when Iwant and where I want.

Comment

Working...
            X