GTO today........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTO today........

cruised the show room at the dealer this a.m . while my pcm and tccm were getting re-flashed in my Envoy to prevent another "service 4wd" light.. although..the history showed no record of it when we read the code.. i had the tsb, so the mechanic said 'hell...im gonna do this anyway..that way i get paid.." LOL.. fine with me, cause sure enough, now she shifts smoother into to 4wdr.. no more "clunk"....

anyway, Ultimate Pontiac had, on the showroom floor , a brand new just rolled in...black GTO, with all the dressings. car listed for 33, 456 but price was 36,788.00...cause it had the ram air hood (non functional as you know), the body fascia, a "tuned louder exhaust system" , two double outlets on each side, the rear spoiler..... and man was that thing sweet... the motor looks real sweet....... i was climbing all over that puppy. good damn thing Harry Knochols (yes..that his real name), the General Sales Manager...a good friend of mine, was not there,............i mighta just rolled home in that today.............not kiddin!

Told mary when i got home, she said "why not, you only live once".. i said.. 'can i use your envoy to haul a wolfdog"?........she said... "no".......do it in the Gto............. (i still have the comuter van though.......... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm )

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Go for it Ken!! I would if I had the money (as long as you don't have to get rid of the Hawk)
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Thats right you only live once! And if she says its cool then........

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
      2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Well, if I had the money . . .

. . . and I don't (kid in an expen$ive college), I'd do it. Those new GTOs are really nice.

Better do it before Mary comes to her senses.
        R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger in Kensington
          . . . .

Better do it before Mary comes to her senses.
          i dont have to worry about that.........

too late... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she took an early retirement.....im da sugar daddy..im da money man............

besides..... ill put her on the dern "list"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and she lives real close to me.........er..........

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

I say go for it. sounds like a sweet car. i havent gotten to a pontiac dealer lately. i should go take one for a spin.
            I'm out, like a fat kid in dodgeball

Comment

I'd be all over a GTO if I could afford it. But for $36k, I could buy a house (down here you actually can, but it'll need work and be out in the boondocks, neither of which bother me)
              "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I have considered trading my WS6 and my DD Grand Prix in on one - I really like them. Best interior GM makes!!!
                Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

sound like everybody moved on and leave our lovely trans am ,just like trans am left us, and i just started to enjoy my trans am. i want GTO too but i still love body shape of ws6.
                  2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
                  SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
                  Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
                  http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Hmmm ... just a year ago everyone was bashing the new GTO in a thread 3 pages long, now that the Wolfman says so, everyone is praising. He is not as tough as he seems in that video. You don't scare me !

BUAHAHAHA

GTO has my Vote !
                    1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                    "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

I love the new GTO. I think you should get one......w/o sacrificing the hawk of course
                      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

That's what happens when a kid goes into the candy store............

Mary's right, You only live once... Get it if you want it...

IMO the 2005 GTO's look better than the 2004, but I still haven't warmed completely up to them. Maybe if I drove one things might change...
                        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by Gary94Formula
                          That's what happens when a kid goes into the candy store............

Mary's right, You only live once... Get it if you want it...

IMO the 2005 GTO's look better than the 2004, but I still haven't warmed completely up to them. Maybe if I drove one things might change...
                          one of the older mechanics drove one..... he told me...if i drove it... i'd think i was back in the old days, the days of power muscle cars, the late 60's and 70's. says they have bad wheel hop though... thats easy to fix ..set of spohns lower trailing arms would do the trick im sure.

Comment

Originally posted by alenstein
                            Hmmm ... just a year ago everyone was bashing the new GTO in a thread 3 pages long, now that the Wolfman says so, everyone is praising. He is not as tough as he seems in that video. You don't scare me !

BUAHAHAHA

GTO has my Vote !
                            what shape ninja throwing star is you favorite?

Comment

There is only one particular design portion that I am not thrilled with. The idea of having to move the power seat foreward just to then tilt it enough for a kid to get past. Sure there is plent of room once you get in there, but that's not the point. What happens if the car tags something, killing battery power and you have people in the back seat? I would have to approach the car as a two seater with storage behind the seats for me to be comfortable with it as a driver.

Comment

Working...
                              X