GTO today........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfman
    what shape ninja throwing star is you favorite?
    The one that is shiny like your head!

D&R

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      There is only one particular design portion that I am not thrilled with. The idea of having to move the power seat foreward just to then tilt it enough for a kid to get past. Sure there is plent of room once you get in there, but that's not the point. What happens if the car tags something, killing battery power and you have people in the back seat? I would have to approach the car as a two seater with storage behind the seats for me to be comfortable with it as a driver.
      Joe, you should see the way that VW engineered their seat tilting mechanism. I am a mechanical designer and I thought it was cool. My wife has a bug and when you pull up the handle to tilt the seat forward, it unlocks the base of the seat. As you tilt the seat forward, the base moves up and forward then back down. The whole seat moves about a foot forward to allow access to the back seat. It's very ingenious. They have an interesting height adjuster too. There is a side handle that acts like a ratchet. Pull the handle up and the seat rises. Push it down and it goes down. Just keep ratcheting the handle. It's cool for a manual seat. With all the smarts they put into the seat tilting mechanism and raising mechanism, they still have a stupid knob to adjust the seat back. You have to turn it about 5 revolution to tilt the seat all the way back. It takes forever and your hand is tired when you are done. Nobody seams to be able to get everything right.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA

D&R

Uh-oh, sounds like figtin words to me

2006 Saturn Ion Redline
        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
          Uh-oh, sounds like figtin words to me

he's harmless. you see his avatar dont you? well thats what he' famous for when he comes face to face with real danger..................

bwwahahahaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(d&r)......2

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

D&R
            hehehehe .. Yeah Ill take that one.
            1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
            "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
              Joe, you should see the way that VW engineered their seat tilting mechanism. I am a mechanical designer and I thought it was cool. My wife has a bug and when you pull up the handle to tilt the seat forward, it unlocks the base of the seat. As you tilt the seat forward, the base moves up and forward then back down. The whole seat moves about a foot forward to allow access to the back seat. It's very ingenious. They have an interesting height adjuster too. There is a side handle that acts like a ratchet. Pull the handle up and the seat rises. Push it down and it goes down. Just keep ratcheting the handle. It's cool for a manual seat. With all the smarts they put into the seat tilting mechanism and raising mechanism, they still have a stupid knob to adjust the seat back. You have to turn it about 5 revolution to tilt the seat all the way back. It takes forever and your hand is tired when you are done. Nobody seams to be able to get everything right.
              Pontiac used that same design in the 97+ Grand Prix 2 doors. When you tilt the seat-back forward, the whole things slides. I'm not sure why it wasn't used for the GTO. Maybe they forgot about the design since they don't make 2 door Grand Prixs anymore.
              Dave M
              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I work in a B/P/GMC dealer and took out an automatic one that I was prepping last saturday just for the hell of it. That thing is sick. I nailed it going 30 mph and it broke the tires loose no problem. It tends to want to go sideways quite a bit though. I would definately go through a lot of tires if I ever bought one of those things, but man would it be worth it. Maybe this saturday i will try to get my hands on a set of keys for one of the stick cars.
                LOUD2000T/A
                '00 Trans Am M6, K&N filter, Airbox Lid, F.A.S.T. LS-X Intake, Stainlessworks offroad y-pipe, Loudmouth catback, Pro 5.0 shifter, Hypertech programming, 17" Torque Thrust II wheels, 12.97@113; '87 Monte Carlo SS; '91 Sonoma V6 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by LOUD2000T/A
                  I work in a B/P/GMC dealer and took out an automatic one that I was prepping last saturday just for the hell of it. That thing is sick. I nailed it going 30 mph and it broke the tires loose no problem. It tends to want to go sideways quite a bit though. I would definately go through a lot of tires if I ever bought one of those things, but man would it be worth it. Maybe this saturday i will try to get my hands on a set of keys for one of the stick cars.
                  it needs aftermarket LCA's.

the autos have a 1700.00 gas guzzler tax on the sticker too...the m6's dont. the optional m6 is 695.00... so you save 1005.00 by buying the stick... LOL

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                    he's harmless. you see his avatar dont you? well thats what he' famous for when he comes face to face with real danger..................

bwwahahahaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(d&r)......2
                    Yep......harmless.

Comment

Yep......harmless.

I hope you got the "big D" from it..................

Comment

Wheel hop is a problem. There are some things that will take care of most of it, but not all. Poly sub frame bushings, rear sway bar, center section poly mount are some that help. The two piece driveshaft is also suspect for the wheel hop. The rubber isolators give to much.

All can be easily fixed with the first 3 parts listed above. That will set you back about $300-350 but its drastically improved.

Mine used to hop like crazy when stock until I learned how to launch it. Went from 13.6 with a 2.1 hopping short time to a 13.2 on a 1.9 nice and smooth. After the mod fest, I'm hopping like a bunny again. Had to leave at idle to get the times in my sig. Just put Nittos on, so that should take care of that. If not, I'll be getting the bushings and sway bar.

It is amazing the turn around on all the boards for the GTO, first disgust and now praise. Just about everyone is coming around to the dark side that is...

GTO

Rob
                        04 GTO

Comment

ever thought about getting a classic muscle car? u can find one for $15,000 that will need no work at all and it will turn more heads and cost u less than a Gto, so u can mod it some more , and it would be kooler too

just my 2cents (as u all like to say)
                          1967 Camaro "Project"
                          1972 Chevelle "454"
                          1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Working...
                          X