chevy ss wheel didnt fit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chevy ss wheel didnt fit.

i bought a set of ss wheels from the chevy dealer and when i went to put them on the fronts bolted right on, but on the rears i had to use a dremel tool and shave off approx. 1/16 of an inch off of the center of the wheel to get them to fit. a buddy of mine has an automotive shop and he put a pair of new back rotors on and i was wondering if the wheel should of bolted on or if perhaps i have the wrong rotors installed.

That's common. The 93-95 F-bodies had a rear axle hub that was about .030 larger than the 96-97. You did it the right way. The lugs center the wheel not the center bore.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

maybe they gave u 4 fronts? instead of 2 fronts and 2 rears? i gotta be carefull wit my 16s cuz they are like that
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

It always happens. The 93-97 Maro's have a bigger thing that sticks out on the rotor. My buddy and I just shoved the rims right on, but had a good time kicking the damn rims off.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
          maybe they gave u 4 fronts? instead of 2 fronts and 2 rears? i gotta be carefull wit my 16s cuz they are like that
          The 4th Gens are not like that (except some early 93's). All 4 94-96 factory wheels have the same larger diameter hub opening, so they can be rotated front-to-back. There are no "fronts" and "backs". Its just the hubs that are larger in the back. In 97 they corrected the problem, making the rear hubs AND the openings in the wheel the same as the smaller front hubs.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
          X