welp...the gto deal fell thru :o(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfman
    well...actually no. more on that later. notice the offset? ...its bowed. strange engineering here on the wheel's spokes. gonna find out whats behind it.
    Isnt it also the 5x120 bolt pattern ??? cuz dont the BMW wheels have very little offset. . . you could hook it up prettystyle
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

Comment

Aint it great to own another import!!!!!
      94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Lookin good Ken! Let's see the burnout vid!

Comment

sweet ride man! this car has improved soo much over the 04
          1967 Camaro "Project"
          1972 Chevelle "454"
          1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
            Ken, here is my friend Lacy and her GTO.
            What GTO?
            '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

When do the "500 HP" rice stickers go on?

Comment

Originally posted by z28_xxx
                When do the "500 HP" rice stickers go on?
                when you give up being gay...........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Congrats. The shifter is better for '05 but still leaves a lot on the table. B&M and GMM Ripshift are available. I even modified an SLP and had an adapter made for the stick...worked as good as the B&M. I now have a Ripshift.

You can get even more info from the DIC if you hold both the Mode/Set buttons at the same time while starting the car. VIN, computer program, fuel program, coolant temp, trouble codes, etc. Not in the book but it works. After scrolling through all of it, don't freak at the end when the gauges go max and every light comes on. Its a test of the gauges.

The Magnaflow cat back on the SAP cars sounds very nice.

Funny you should say high speed driving is not as stable. Many others, around the world, say its extremely stable. Moreso than Corvettes and Vipers, probably because of sound with those cars. But I've noticed its not as "jumpy" at speed than an F-Body.

Bolt pattern for the wheels 5x120 whereas GM uses 5x120.65. You can use F-Body wheels with no problem, at least the 16". SLP uses 16" Firebird wheels for the track. Many have used other GM wheels but you have to pay attention to offset. The 17" wheels just stick out too much. I have pictures of my old WS6 wheels on a GTO and it looks good but won't work. BMW 3 series wheels work well, except the M3. Offset is too great.

Congrats on the new ride.
                  Rob
                  04 GTO

Comment

Very sweet GTO you have there Ken...One of the best looking ones I've seen yet.

KnightFire
                    1993 Formula Firebird
                    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

congratulation wolf, and please tell GM if they listen to their costumers,they will sell lot more cars look at GTO 04 compare to GTO 05. look awesome GTO you have there wolf i love the fornt end did you order special for that bro ?
                      2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
                      SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
                      Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
                      http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Originally posted by 1sickbird
                        congratulation wolf, and please tell GM if they listen to their costumers,they will sell lot more cars look at GTO 04 compare to GTO 05. look awesome GTO you have there wolf i love the fornt end did you order special for that bro ?
                        They are actually going to sell less '05's than '04's. They are only building 12K this year compared to 15.7K last year. They are selling a lot better this year though and would have sold over 20K if the numbers went til the end of the year. Reason for the short run this year is stopping production in May/June instead of Aug/Sept. This was done to get the '06's over here in the Sept/Oct time frame like normal instead of Jan/Feb like the last two years.
                        Rob
                        04 GTO

Comment

how is 06 GTO looks like ? totaly different ?
                          2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
                          SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
                          Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
                          http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Lookin' good, Ken!
                            Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by 1sickbird
                              how is 06 GTO looks like ? totaly different ?
                              Same. Maybe the 18" wheels will be standard but I doubt it.
                              Rob
                              04 GTO

Comment

rob.. i really have not had it a high speeds...my comment was based on lane changes at 65mph...which, as you know, ain't much to compare on. im sure ill be finding out its attributes.

1sickbird, no..thats the dealer only installed appearance package for the car from gm........ thats what sold me on the looks...the engine already had sold me...hahahahaha

wont be doing much switching of tires or exhausts and stuff for a while. need the money channeled into rescue. doubt ill be doing very many mods....

its has the upgraded cat back on it from gm. sounds real good.... like 2-on-the-left but a little quieter and much more lower rumble, believe it or not... i really kinda like it. mary heard me pull up in the driveway from the dealers with the garage doors shut. she said it was a real low thunder sound....

that brought a grin!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                                X