• Time
  • Show
Clear All

too many to count...

55 in a 35
    90 in a 55
    not stoping completely at a stop sign
    following too close

i can go on and on...but nothing in the past two years...yay! Let's keep it that way...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

1 myself at 17. radar can't always help you.
      -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

None ever on my record .. I learned to drive on my grandmothers car

84 in a 55 in atlanta outskirts on I-85 by lazer. I was going to be in accident if i didn't speed up but of course they didnt see it. ... Ticket was reduced to a warning by me taking a defensive driving course

84 in a 65, officer wrote my car and my drivers license as from a differetn state... instantly thrown out

been driving since 1990.. so far so good... I drive slow as I ALWAYS seems to attract the local contabulary... must be the arrest-me-red paint job
        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
        pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
          I got one .... It was in Murphy, Texas,
          So...That would be...

Murphy's Law!?!?

Oh...man...couldn't help myself!
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird8798
            doin 70 in a 45...I am soo pissed.
            You shouldn't be. If you got a ticket for 5-10 mph over the limit, then you should be bent. 70 in a 45 is a little hefty. Usually officers even cut you a break and write you up for that when in reality it was faster. Regardless of how well you may drive, others around you can be clueless and turn right into you. You're safest staying relatively close to either the limit or the flow of those around you. Not a lecture, just an observation having logged over a million miles.

Comment

I've had no tickets and I've been driving an f-body since I was 16... over 10 years now.

For those of you complaining about getting bogus tickets or tickets for only a few mph over the limit, I suggest you bone up on your state's vehicle code. Here in PA, if the speed limit is under 55 you CANNOT be convicted of speeding unless you are doing at least 10 over the limit, or the cop paces you with his speedometer for at least .3 miles. All other forms of speed measurement get 10 mph grace. 55 and over gets you a 5 mph buffer. It's right in the vehicle code.

I carry a copy of it with me in the car. There are other interesting things in there too, other than speed, if you look. You get specific distances to slow down when the speed limit changes/drops.

The cops know the book, you should too.

BTW, I once spotted a cop hiding in the median while I was travelling 115 in a 65. Needless to say I was hard on the brakes but he had his lights on and was pulling out before I even passed him. He ended up clocking me at 85 and I got a warning... no ticket 115 and no ticket
              Dave M
              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
                So...That would be...

Murphy's Law!?!?

Oh...man...couldn't help myself!
                Har Har Har, everyone's a comedian. LOL I never thought about it that way. Murphy's law of small towns: If you are driving over the speed limit in a small town and there is ONE cop in that town, he will see you, clock you, and write you.....usually with a very cocky attitude to boot.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

After I wrecked 2 cars in the space of 2 yrs I finally learned that driving fast isn't that cool when you total your car. I have never gotten a ticket for speeding; only for following too closely and having a tail light out. I got pulled over once for doing 80 in a 45 but I don't think the officer was set up with his radar so I only got a warning.

Looking back at some of the stupid things I have done in a car, I am really grateful that the only things hurt in the accidents were cars and not me.

I learned my lesson and now drive like a granny. I think it's kinda funny that I'm 23 with a sports car and I refuse to speed (well a little from time to time). But life's too short, no need to make it shorter.

And wear your seat belt. It's already saved my life once. The airbag only saved my face, the seatbelt kept me in the car.
                  1989 TA
                  Flowmaster exhaust
                  Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
                  K&N CAI
                  Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Yes...Don't be like the guy in the video below. Wear your %$@%$# seatbelt!

http://www.goyk.com/video.asp?path=652
                    Joe K.
                    '11 BMW 328i
                    '10 Matrix S AWD
                    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
                    X