X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paid 2.31.9 for a gallon of gas

one friggin gallon of supreme: $2.31.9

my GoD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess i should be glad its raining and cant drive the new goat afterall...

and they say it could get worse!!!!!!!!!

man.. it makes me laugh, when i had done it all to my 69 SS396 back in the late 60's..and was getting 5.9 miles per gallon...gas was less than .50 cents a gallon for supreme...................

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

It's been at 2.29 a gallon around here for about 2 weeks now. An in PA we are historically less than most parts of the country so I know those out west probably have it real bad. They're saying oil could hit $100/barrel this year. It's only at $55 right now.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I spent $45 yesterday to fill the Silverado up with regular ($1.919/gal - full service - only way its legal to sell gas in NJ, no self-service). And I've only got the single fuel tank (25 gal.).

When I first started pumping gas (in the 1950's ), regular was 15.9 cents/gal, and premium was 19.9 A bunch of guys would come in to the station and see if they could scrape up 50-cents between them, to buy enough gas for a night's fun.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Here's the latest gas prices by state from AAA........New Jersey is still the cheapest:

http://198.6.95.31/sbsavg.asp
        2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

I paid over $2.50/gallon to put 93 octane in the bird yesterday

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
          2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

$2.45 over here. It took me $36.00 to fill her up.
            Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

$2.61 for premium, which is only 91 octane here in wonderful CA
              94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

2.51 for premium here in chicago. Weather has been nice lately, so I've been driving my car a lot recently. Last week wednesday, I put $20 in....sunday equaled $30 more, and this past wednesday i put another $38 in.

88 dollars in a 7 day time span
                black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

I paid 2.25 for 93 octane two nights ago, did someone say they are going to continually rise?????
                  1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

2.30 here in MI, too. They're saying we'll be seeing 2.80+ over the summer. That's what I heard. I was considering filling up a 50 gallon drum when it goes down a little. We had our gas under 2 bucks not too long ago. Wish I did it then.
                    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Here's a peace of mind for you..........just came from Norway and gas is about 10 Kr per litter. At about 6Kr=1.00$ and about 4 litters to the gallon 6.66per gallon. But there cheap stuff is 95 and the expensive is 98 octain. We filled up the rential that we had, put 47 litters in it do the math on that one

78.26$

Comment

not the best time to have a big block with a 3spd in it lol.... premium here is $2.40... it sux!
                        1967 Camaro "Project"
                        1972 Chevelle "454"
                        1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Originally posted by 1996fbody
                          Here's a peace of mind for you..........just came from Norway and gas is about 10 Kr per litter. At about 6Kr=1.00$ and about 4 litters to the gallon 6.66per gallon. But there cheap stuff is 95 and the expensive is 98 octain. We filled up the rential that we had, put 47 litters in it do the math on that one

78.26$
                          Europe uses what is basically the equivalent of "research" octane, compared to the US system that mandates the octane be posted as the average of "research" + "motor" octane ((R+M)/2).... hence the seeming higher octane levels posted in Europe. Reasearch octane is a measure of knock resistance underate low-moderate/daily driving conditions. Motor octane is a measure of knock resistance under high load/perfomance conditions.
                          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

10 gallons of gas cost me 24.75 last night when i filled up the bird(93) today tho it was at 2.35 a gallon and 2.21 for 87 so it cost me 25 to fill the beater car(11 gallons)
                            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

$2.11.9 for 87 tonight, $31.00 to fill up the van. Premium is $2.31.9.

The guys at work have stopped asking me why I replaced the dead V6 in the Camaro with a reman'd V6...at the time it was just the cheapest way to get it back on the road...now it's saving me more money...even with my short drives (<10 miles) to and from work and around town I get 25mpg (the van gets 18).

I remember back in the late 60's early 70's my mom would keep $5.00 in the back of her pocketbook in case she needed to "fill up" the squareback. lol

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                              '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                              Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                              X