Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice please: 1995 Camaro Convertible v6. to V8, or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this is going to be a long term project. I wouldn't mind dumping 6-7 grand when its all said and done over the next year. When I finally decide what I want to do, I'll come up with a budget and a plan, though.
    1995 Camaro Convertible V6 - contemplating swapping out for LT1 or begin the V6 to V8 conversion. Hmmmm...

Comment

If you were going to do the swap you'd probably end up blowing half of that on just the swap. Its going to come down to what you want to do and not what others tell you but with that much money, I'd personally trade in your car and pick up a little bit higher milage LT1 (around 100k) in good shape. They are going for around $3000-$3500 and with a trade you could end up paying less than $2,000 for the car and have $4000-$5000 left which could put you well on your way to a nice heads and cam 383 stroker or you could even try to look around and find one that has something like a spun bearing someones trying to get off their hands for real cheap and since you'll be rebuilding anyways that should save you a bundle of $$$.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
      X