The ever-common turn signal issue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ever-common turn signal issue.

I'm sure y'all have heard it a thousand times, so here's 1,001. My left turn signal stays solid, while the right one works. I replaced the flasher but obivously nothing is fixed. I can blink it manually but quite honestly, its becoming a PITA. As I see, there are two bulbs in each signal, only one works in both the front and rear, driver's side signal. Would my best bet be to replace the bulbs? If so, how hard is it to get to the rear socket? I've popped the tail light unit out but it seems difficult to take out. I was also thinking that it could possibly be a wiring issue. If so, what should I do/look for? There are no cracks or leaks (I was only able to check the front one). The car is a 95' Firebird.

i have the same problem, it turns out to be a bad ground connection on the middle socket.

GM 60 bucks
    junkyard prob 5 bucks.
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Middle socket in the front or rear? Is it in plain sight?

Comment

its in the rear drivers tailight. no its not easy to spot. my friend who works at mercedes did a bunch of tests and all.
        1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

All bulb elements that are meant to flash must not be broken. If you see a bulb not flashing, test it. If the bulb is ok, test the wiring with a meter.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
          X