That bad feeling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That bad feeling

I have to admit something. For the past few months I've had thoughts of selling the Z for money to fix up the Jeep and GN (and pay off some of my debt). One of my buddies said he would give me $4500 for it, which I don't think is very bad at all. But, as much as I love the GN, it just isn't the Z. I'm torn. I know, its just a car. But, man, I love drivin' her. I did buy for the sole purpose of being my daily driver and a second set of wheels, but I don't know if I should hold on to her or not now that I have the GN. I'm torn guys. What would you do? Any new perspectives?
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

My opinion is that the autotrader is loaded with $4500 Camaros...... sell yours, pay off the debt and fix the GN. Then, when the right opportunity comes along for another Camaro, then deal with it. Being debt free is where you want to be.

Comment

bein debt free would be nice, but student loans kill people.

id say sell it. GN's are badass.
      1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

You guys do make a good point. If I was to be debt-free, I would pretty much have to use the entire $4500. That would, however, free up a total of ~$150/month that I could use for the Jeep and GN. Plus, I mention the Jeep because I finally found a kit to let me install a 700-R4 . So, you think $4500 is reasonable? Do you think I could get some more for her? Thanks for your helps so far guys, keep it comin' please.
        Steve

Comment

I think $4500 is a reasonable offer. Of course things like mileage, condition, etc... come in to play with the price....but $4500 seems very reasonable.

To be honest, and I bet I'm probably alone on this one, I personally don't care about being in debt. I mean, I do, but my car is more than a good reason for me to be in debt. I don't care how much I have to work, I don't care when saturday comes around and I have little to no cash, I don't care that I can't spend more $$$ on other things. What I do care about though, is tearing it open on a nice summer day. As a matter of fact, I love it so much, that I am seriously considering buying a 2002 WS6 the day I pay off my car. That won't be for another year or so, but it's already being seriously considered.

Everyone's situation is different though. My suggestion is to set your priorities straight, and take it from there. If being out of debt more so and fixin' up the GN and your jeep outweighs drivin' the Z....then go for it. If you absolutely cannot part with your car...then don't.

You have 3 cars where I only have one right now, thus the reason why my opinion could be different. If I had a bad@ss GN as well, I might have said a different answer. Keep in mind also, just because you might have to give up your LT1 Z right now, doesn't mean you can't own an LS1 Z later
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Sorry Steve!

But I've never seen a GN or Jeep worth getting ride of my Z28!

It's nice to be debt free but I would rather see the jeep or the GN that sell the Z28.

They don't make Z28's any more Do like I've done. I work part time at AutoZone. This has fully paid for my Camaro!

I also work fulltime for a local community college here where I live!

I'm sorry but I just don't think you will be happy! I hope you don't learn the hard way. Camaro's look much better than jeeps or GN's

Get another job and work parttime besides $150.00 a month isn't worth selling your Z28 for!

Later Lee!
            Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
              I think $4500 is a reasonable offer. Of course things like mileage, condition, etc... come in to play with the price....but $4500 seems very reasonable.

To be honest, and I bet I'm probably alone on this one, I personally don't care about being in debt. I mean, I do, but my car is more than a good reason for me to be in debt. I don't care how much I have to work, I don't care when saturday comes around and I have little to no cash, I don't care that I can't spend more $$$ on other things. What I do care about though, is tearing it open on a nice summer day. As a matter of fact, I love it so much, that I am seriously considering buying a 2002 WS6 the day I pay off my car. That won't be for another year or so, but it's already being seriously considered.

Everyone's situation is different though. My suggestion is to set your priorities straight, and take it from there. If being out of debt more so and fixin' up the GN and your jeep outweighs drivin' the Z....then go for it. If you absolutely cannot part with your car...then don't.

You have 3 cars where I only have one right now, thus the reason why my opinion could be different. If I had a bad@ss GN as well, I might have said a different answer. Keep in mind also, just because you might have to give up your LT1 Z right now, doesn't mean you can't own an LS1 Z later
              That's the thing. As much as I love the GN and the Jeep, neither are the Z. I mean, the Z can't go where the Jeep can, period (e.g. Rubicon). The Z won't run like the GN can on a budget. But, the Z handles better than both, looks pretty sweet and sounds awesome. And, the only debts I have are a credit card and a small computer loan. I'm easily making both payments without a problem, so its not that I'm struggling by any means. But, like you mentioned, the weekend comes and I don't have much to do anything with. But, then again, that was college for me too lol

Originally posted by LeeS97Z28
              Sorry Steve!

But I've never seen a GN or Jeep worth getting ride of my Z28!

It's nice to be debt free but I would rather see the jeep or the GN that sell the Z28.

They don't make Z28's any more Do like I've done. I work part time at AutoZone. This has fully paid for my Camaro!

I also work fulltime for a local community college here where I live!

I'm sorry but I just don't think you will be happy! I hope you don't learn the hard way. Camaro's look much better than jeeps or GN's

Get another job and work parttime besides $150.00 a month isn't worth selling your Z28 for!

Later Lee!
              Lee, they don't make GNs anymore either. And, the GN is worth a whole lot more than the Z. I'm making decent money working as a Network and Systems Admin. right now, and will probably be finding another place to work that will pay more soon. My main thing for the moment though is...its 3 cars lol. Thanks for your help though.

Keep the opinions comin' guys, its really helping. Thanks to everyone who's posted so far. Even if I do sell it, I can always find another like Joe said (maybe even a good 93 TA with the mondo wing ) or bite the bullet and get an LS1 . Thanks everyone.
              Steve

Comment

STEVE93Z,
                Keep the Z28...i read your last post and its clear to me that you love that Z28. Don't get rid of something you love. it will come back and bite you in the rear... i love my 95 Z28. i've had opportunities to sell it but i wont. i've had my Z28 for 6 years its part of my family. i wont get rid of it even to get a LS1 Z28. or even if a 5th gen ever comes our way
                eddie
                1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

STEVE93Z,
                  Keep the Z28...i read your last post and its clear to me that you love that Z28. Don't get rid of something you love. it will come back and bite you in the rear... i love my 95 Z28. i've had opportunities to sell it but i wont. i've had my Z28 for 6 years its part of my family. i wont get rid of it even to get a LS1 Z28. or even if a 5th gen ever comes our way
                  eddie

Well spoken! Now do ya understand Steve what I mean! You better listen before it's too late!

Have a goodone, Lee!
                  Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

Sell the Jeep and the GN and pay your debts off. Keep the Zeeee!
                    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                      Sell the Jeep and the GN and pay your debts off. Keep the Zeeee!
                      Let me repeat somethin...the GN is NOT gonna be sold lol . I've thought about the Jeep too, but its kinda hard to depart with your first car/project, esp. when you're not done with it. Although it would be nice to have the money, I think I would miss the Z too much. Now, if the 5th Gen comes out and looks like some of the pics that I've seen and lives up to what I've got, then it might be trade-in time . But, for now, I suppose I'll keep it . Thanks guys.
                      Steve

Comment

Glad to hear your keepin' it

It's waaaay to hard to depart with an F-bod.....I know mine will never leave my sight for the rest of my life
                        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
                          Glad to hear your keepin' it

It's waaaay to hard to depart with an F-bod.....I know mine will never leave my sight for the rest of my life
                          Yeah, the thought of having to see her leave my driveway and know she's not comin' back would be tough indeed .

Thanks everyone for your help on this . Joe, you do make a good point, I could easily find another if I do need to sell it and will keep that in mind should the occasion arise. Take care everyone...and thanks again
                          Steve

Comment

u can find another one but u wont have a ll the good memories that uve had with the Z n u wont know it as well as the Z... its hard 2 get rid of these cars man
                            1967 Camaro "Project"
                            1972 Chevelle "454"
                            1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Originally posted by RocKin1967
                              u can find another one but u wont have a ll the good memories that uve had with the Z n u wont know it as well as the Z... its hard 2 get rid of these cars man
                              Ain't that the truth man, ain't that the truth lol
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X