No announcement yet.

3rd gens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My vote is to get an 89 TPI third gen. Best year in my opinion. Last year of MAF, which takes mods better (eg, cam, heads etc.) due to the way it calculates air to fuel. Less PROM work needed due to this also, SD TPI needs a reprogram for everything or it starts to throw codes. TPI is a great street motor, lots of torque, I would stay awya from TBI motors unless you plan on changing the heads soon after you get it as they have swirl ports(bad for High RPM HP). 89 has all the nice body updates of the 90-92 including better adhesives and welding. First year of dual Cat exhaust, and the TPI version has reportedly the best cam ever put in a TPI motor.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

I dont know about you guys but i think that there's nothing more stylish than a silver t/a with a black hood bird.
      Attached Files
      1982 Trans am w/ t-tops
      V8 5.0L 305 H out of an '86 Caprice
      previous owners abused it!!!

Comment

my lil tbi raced a LB9 5.0 and kept wit it pretty good. all it has is a rebuild, cam, oil pump, intake manfiold, low temp fan swtich, upgraded ignition(coil, cap, rotor, plugs, wires). cat and a dynomax exhuast. its really powerful for a tbi motor ten again it has a 5spd and soon to be 3.42s out back
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
          my lil tbi raced a LB9 5.0 and kept wit it pretty good. all it has is a rebuild, cam, oil pump, intake manfiold, low temp fan swtich, upgraded ignition(coil, cap, rotor, plugs, wires). cat and a dynomax exhuast. its really powerful for a tbi motor ten again it has a 5spd and soon to be 3.42s out back
          The 2 best things you can do to 305 TBIs is full exhaust and gears. You'll love the 3.42s, I've had mine for about 3 weeks now .
          1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
          Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
          Trans: TH700R4
          Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Originally posted by Benm109
            The 2 best things you can do to 305 TBIs is full exhaust and gears. You'll love the 3.42s, I've had mine for about 3 weeks now .
            I think it should be 3 best things, and the third being get rid of the swirl port heads, they are half closed of on intake side.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
            6.2L/382.97 ci
            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
            WCT-5 speed
            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
            Boss MS 18" Rims
            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
            Custom Dual exhaust
            1LE upgrade
            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror