Silly Ricers...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Ricers...

Had the T/A out yesterday morning, finally a break in the rain. I took a leisurely cruise through Sebring and quickly became annoyed. A couple of ricers kept driving slow enough to pace very slow moving traffic then speeding up when there was a break in traffic. Then slowing again and driving alongside a slow moving car. After 5 or 6 times of this I was getting annoyed. I was finally able to get a break in traffic and had to slow for a red light. you guessed it.... now they want to run. Reving their weedeater, etc. I wasn't in the mood for playing with toys, but I did rip a quick 0-60 and shut down. Bwahahahah..... then the infamous ricer fly by. Next light another joins the fray. They obviously saw the kill, yet wanted a piece. When are they gonna learn......

Silly ricers! There are a few fast ones our there, but not many.

Comment

I hate them ricers. We had a kid visit the neighbor down the street (dead end) with his rice bowl. He would rev it up 10 times and spin the tires almost every time. When he left he wound it up down to the end of the street and the same thing back. So much for a kids save road.

As luck had it one day I ended up behind him paying at a gas station. He was trying to find a credit card that could pay for the ten bucks in gas. I grabed him at the collar and told him if he ever did that again on our street I would beat the .... out of him.

He continued showing up at our street for about a year keeping it quiet and slow.

A new player shows up now with a German Knockwurst (Jetta) and a horrendous sounding exhaust. He also treats our dead end as a quarter mile strip. I guess I have to run into this kid very soon to nip this habit in the butt.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Here's another....

Comment

It's getting crazy around here too.

Now that school's out, they're playing on our street all night long.

Between the exhaust and the stereo's it's tough to get a good
          sleep during the week.

I think they're mistaking our 40 Km/H residential zones for the
          US MPH!

I have a good mind to have the police station themselves afterhours
          and hand out a few tickets.

No respect for safety whatsoever.

Comment

i was at denton dragway last night, and there weren't any "real" ricers. at least no civics with 2 liter bottles on the end of thier soda can exhaust claiming "i gained 200 hp".LOL. just a few mustang GTs turning 100 mph each pass.
            http://www.sounddomain.com/id/magnetheadz28

Kenwood Krc-335(soon to be HU)]
            Kenwood Kdc-c669 (soon to be cd changer)
            Lanzar Vibe 418 (subwoofer amp)
            Lanzar Vibe 218 (6x9 amp)
            Subwoofers: bazooka EL1204

Comment

being around ft bragg it is full of ricers, its horrible. 401 is the main road for fayetteville and they always try to run light to light, it sounds like a lawnmower on steriods. Of the many ricers around i give respect to maybe 3 because they actaully know not to be an idiot driving around town and to take it to the track. I'll play with them a little but its usually a slaughter and a waste of my time then they get all mad when the Z stomps them. What part don't they realize how much money they have to spend to run with one of our cars stock. My bud with a civic showed me his slips and i started laughing histarically it was a 16.92 or something like that. Or the time i raced my bud back home with my winterbeater 91 caravan with the 3.0L mitsu motor and beat him because he can't drive stick and dropped his tranny, then to add insult to losing to a van, i towed him home! Now being on the military base is nice because of the laws being so strict, for excessive speeding you lose driving privelages on post for a year and many people fail to realize driving is a privelage, not a right.
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
              Traded in: 1998 Z28
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

funny comparisons

Comment

thats nice i like the dew thing

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

Comment

Re: funny comparisons

Originally posted by hotwhip9
                    What was the link for the T-shirt with the above pictures on it? Somebody was selling that a while back......
                    Joe K.
                    '11 BMW 328i
                    '10 Matrix S AWD
                    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Joe, its funny that you mention the "fly by". I thought I was the only one that noticed this. They all do this. They get totally demolished in the 0-60 sprint and then 20 seconds later they fly by doing 100 mph. Are they kidding? When are they going to get it? Its about ACELLERATION, not about who is dumb enough to stand on the gas pedal unit they crash. I could play that game in my 4 cylinder Jeep!

As for these supposedly "fast rice burners" What constitutes fast? Most are running 15 - 17 sec. I havent seen any much faster than 12 or 13 seconds in the quarter, and thats after they dump 30 grand into it. If you put that kinda cash into american muscle, we're running 9 sec. e.t.'s.
                      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird

As for these supposedly "fast rice burners" What constitutes fast? Most are running 15 - 17 sec. I havent seen any much faster than 12 or 13 seconds in the quarter, and thats after they dump 30 grand into it. If you put that kinda cash into american muscle, we're running 9 sec. e.t.'s.
                        It's about as easy to get a Civic into the high 14's as it was to get the old fox-body 5.0 into the 10's. EDIT: In other words - rather easy.

I smoke most ricers without contest. There was one though that I narrowly beat... I was EXTREMELY impressed. Hit 100 mph and had 1 car length on him... started from a roll at 45.
                        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Theres a supra around here that runs low 12's or high 11's, one of the two. Most people give him the respect he deserves for owning a fast car, but he never talks about how much it has cost him. And on with the rice issue.. I had no choice but to drive a civic today, to go take care of the Z. It was a horrible experience. No acceleration in any gear. It had no tach so i had to go by the horrible sounding weedeater exhaust. I hated it. I'd rather take a cab to the shop than drive that thing again. My old 91 caravan has more pickup than that thing did.

Comment

I had to laugh today. Ricers were at it again. This black Honda with a park bench type rear wing was trying to drag race a beat up old Volvo....... in the rain. Both were slipping and sliding all over the place. The Volvo won. Oh, the humility of it all.

Comment

Had Trouble With....

One time on my way home from work and I was behind an Eclipse GSX at a left turn red light. As we were turning I noticed that this guy was getting on it, so I followed him and put my pedal to the metal. This was a 2 lane 50 MPH Street that gets real empty at night, so I decided to keep on going. What I noticed though was that I was barely gaining on him. I was already behind him to begin with, so by the time we reached like 90 I was barely at his door. Thats when I decided to back off. He kinda slowed down too but kept flashing the blinkers & hazards as to either say "You lost" or "Come get some more," but I just went home after that and accepted it as a loss, or a tie! This other time I tempted a car behind me at a red light. I saw funky lights so I thought "Rice." We were ahead of traffic when I see him coming up fast, so I get on it too. I got on it too late, and all I saw was a BMW 540i zoom by me. His license plate frame said "Supercharged," so that explained it.
                              1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Working...
                              X