No announcement yet.

good driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be considered hear/say there's nothing a cop could do about it. You could walk up to a cop and tell him you did a nasty burn out in the wal mart parking lot and he couldn't do nada about it.
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
      It's stupid enough to do these things in the first place, but do you guys really think it's smart to start bragging about this on an open, public forum?
      i'd think that the statute of limitations have run out for traffic violations

i know i was notorious about 12 - 13 years ago
      1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

Originally posted by L98TA
        It would be considered hear/say there's nothing a cop could do about it. You could walk up to a cop and tell him you did a nasty burn out in the wal mart parking lot and he couldn't do nada about it.
        But why invite the trouble? And technically it wouldn't be heresay, it's an admission. Heresay would be if a third party, who hadn't actually seen the crime but had only heard about it, told an officer.

hear·say ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hîrs)
        n.
        1. Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.
        2. Law. Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.

Although you were right, if it was a Walmart parking lot he couldn't do anything..... it's private property.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

but it's not a confession without corroboration
          1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

Comment

Originally posted by FireFinder20
            but it's not a confession without corroboration
            It's still a confession whether the police can prove it's true or not. My point was that his understanding of the word hearsay was wrong. If you kill someone and run into a police station and tell the cops what you just did, you think they're going to say "Sorry, there's nothing we can do, that's hearsay!" People should really know the law before they try to bend it.
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Ok....flame time, sorry...gotta do it. You guys are talking about doing an incredibly moronic thing by running from the police.
              A: You are just asking for jail time, possibly even a felony, which would screw you up for a long time...even once you get out of jail. Employers tend to frown upon having felons work for them.

B: I don't care how late it is, how small the town you live in is, how much you are concentrating, or what rules you are following, I equate people who run from the police with drunk drivers. i.e. Not worth spitting on if they are on fire. You never know when someone might pull out in front of you, when someone might be walking across the street, or when you might lose control and and slam into someone's house and kill them while they sleep.

C: Here's one you might not think of.....if the officer loses control while chasing you and gets injured ot killed....guess what? You are guilty of his injury/death. If the courts don't convict you of it, you are still morally guilty of it. And if you are convicted, you'd better kiss everything you love goodbye, cause you are going to be gone for a long time...and the next thing you kiss may be a big guy named Bubba.

It's just not worth it, guys. If you get a ticket for speeding, so freakin what? You deserved it...it's simple..pay it and learn the lesson. It's not worth your life, or anyone elses. Just ask all the families of people who have been killed by people who decided to run from the police. I hate to be the kill-joy here, but just calling it like I see it. It's nothing to brag about. If you are going to brag about this, you might as well brag about getting away with drunk driving, armed robbery, etc. etc. It just aint cool.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
                Ok....flame time, sorry...gotta do it. You guys are talking about doing an incredibly moronic thing by running from the police.
                A: You are just asking for jail time, possibly even a felony, which would screw you up for a long time...even once you get out of jail. Employers tend to frown upon having felons work for them.

B: I don't care how late it is, how small the town you live in is, how much you are concentrating, or what rules you are following, I equate people who run from the police with drunk drivers. i.e. Not worth spitting on if they are on fire. You never know when someone might pull out in front of you, when someone might be walking across the street, or when you might lose control and and slam into someone's house and kill them while they sleep.

C: Here's one you might not think of.....if the officer loses control while chasing you and gets injured ot killed....guess what? You are guilty of his injury/death. If the courts don't convict you of it, you are still morally guilty of it. And if you are convicted, you'd better kiss everything you love goodbye, cause you are going to be gone for a long time...and the next thing you kiss may be a big guy named Bubba.

It's just not worth it, guys. If you get a ticket for speeding, so freakin what? You deserved it...it's simple..pay it and learn the lesson. It's not worth your life, or anyone elses. Just ask all the families of people who have been killed by people who decided to run from the police. I hate to be the kill-joy here, but just calling it like I see it. It's nothing to brag about. If you are going to brag about this, you might as well brag about getting away with drunk driving, armed robbery, etc. etc. It just aint cool.
                I'm pretty sure that everybody that had a story said it was and the past when they were young and admitted to the stupidity of it.

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

ok let me spit on your flame,

Rule #1, if the cop is stopped or traveling in the other direction, you only have one mile to lose him from your rear view, if you cant do that, then you dont do it.

Rule #2 if he is traveling in the same direction, pull over.

Rule #3, dont commit a felony, IE no criminal speeding, no proveable evasion, no wreckless driving.

Just because i have lost the cops a few times doesnt mean that i commited a bunch of crimes doing it, in all honesty i dont really know they were after me, all i know is that i was speeding and they turned on the lights after i went passed them and they headed in my general direction. all i dis was found a different road to be on, drive way to be in, or reverse direction. thats where the concentration comes in. you donthave to go 140 mph to get away from a cop, all you have to do is pay attention to your surroundings. like noticing him turning around, at that point i start looking for a way out with out him seeing me. if i can turn down a side street before he completely turns around, and then reverse direction, then no crime comitted, no one is on the news, and i get away.
                  2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
                  1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
                  past rides:
                  1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
                  2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
                  1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
                  2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
                  2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
                  1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
                  1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
                  1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

thats what happened to me when i was younger. This kid I know with a mustang was supposed to race another kid with an integra Type R. They were trying to catch a light together, and i was following in my monte carlo. anyways i ended up catching a red light and losing them, so when it turned green i took off lookin for them. i ended up speeding past a cop that was sitting in a gas station and i saw his lights come on and he started to roll. i took the next turn off, which happened to be a dirt road through the woods and i almost got the car airborne a few times. I could've killed myself and my 2 friends that were in the car with me. I swore to myself that i would never do that again.
                    LOUD2000T/A
                    '00 Trans Am M6, K&N filter, Airbox Lid, F.A.S.T. LS-X Intake, Stainlessworks offroad y-pipe, Loudmouth catback, Pro 5.0 shifter, Hypertech programming, 17" Torque Thrust II wheels, 12.97@113; '87 Monte Carlo SS; '91 Sonoma V6 4x4.

Comment

[QUOTE=azkkn]ok let me spit on your flame,

Rule #1, if the cop is stopped or traveling in the other direction, you only have one mile to lose him from your rear view, if you cant do that, then you dont do it.

Rule #3, dont commit a felony, IE no criminal speeding, no proveable evasion, no wreckless driving.

That's all well and good, but the problem is that that is the way that alot of pursuits start. There are alot of morons out there that try that, the cop doesn't fall for it and continues to try to stop them, and then they panic and think, "I'm already going to get charged with evading, so I may as well keep going." If you only take it as far as you said, then that isn't so bad. But whatever happened to being a man and facing up to what you do?

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

i was gonna say...****, i was 22 years old! i'm 35 now, believe me, i would never do that now...actually, i learned the errors of my ways not too long after.

and believe it or not, i never 'ran' (i.e excessive speed, running lights and stops signs) i just made a few lefts and rights before the fuzz could get a bead on me. not for nothing, but the cops would see me a day or two later and tell me straight up that if it weren't for my job, my ass would be going to jail, so it's not like i got away with it...

i don't encourage, support or agree with evading the police, but if you did some dumb shit as a kid and feel like sharing..years later...when nothig can be done about it (there's only a 60 or 90 day window from the day of the violation to the issuance of the ticket), then who cares?

and yes, i know a little about the law when it comes to confessions...we lock people up all the time when they confess to things, but when we investigate the act ad it doesn't jive with the evidence, then the confession is worthless....

just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by FireFinder20
                          i was gonna say...****, i was 22 years old! i'm 35 now, believe me, i would never do that now...actually, i learned the errors of my ways not too long after.

and believe it or not, i never 'ran' (i.e excessive speed, running lights and stops signs) i just made a few lefts and rights before the fuzz could get a bead on me. not for nothing, but the cops would see me a day or two later and tell me straight up that if it weren't for my job, my ass would be going to jail, so it's not like i got away with it...

i don't encourage, support or agree with evading the police, but if you did some dumb shit as a kid and feel like sharing..years later...when nothig can be done about it (there's only a 60 or 90 day window from the day of the violation to the issuance of the ticket), then who cares?

and yes, i know a little about the law when it comes to confessions...we lock people up all the time when they confess to things, but when we investigate the act ad it doesn't jive with the evidence, then the confession is worthless....

just my .02
                          I agree. Good guy or bad guy, I think these forums cater to a wide audiance. I enjoy hearing about alot of different things regaurdless of if they are wrong or right. I mean if some one was to say they raped a women obviously there would be a problem, but running from the cops? Come on. Every normal teenage+ owner of a fast car most likley has a story. Is it bragging if they tell? subjective. Is it right? No. But who cares? I'm not Jesus and I'm about to cast a stone.

I'm not an advocate of bragging and I don't have any stories. But for the sake of anyone who does, I am interested in hearing them. Hey, they might be wrong, I've done a few bad things in my life and I don't get tired of hearing about them and learning from them.

I don't see the point or coming across as a badass or a good samaritan.. I would think the people that are for you or against you would formulate there own opinion.. and if they don't, are they even worth your time?

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

Back in the '80's, everyone (including the police) took things like this lightly. If you ran, or if you did something incredibly stupid, some officers would just shake their head and say "stupid kid." But now, everyone takes these things very seriously. If the police see you speeding and give chase, pull over and take your licks. Like everything else, it'll wear off after a while and you'll get over it. It's a hell of a lot better than totalling your car or getting permanently injured or killing someone. If action is what you're looking for, there's always the track!
                            Darrin C
                            '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                            07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by azkkn
                              ok let me spit on your flame,

Just because i have lost the cops a few times doesnt mean that i commited a bunch of crimes doing it, in all honesty i dont really know they were after me, all i know is that i was speeding and they turned on the lights after i went passed them and they headed in my general direction. all i dis was found a different road to be on, drive way to be in, or reverse direction. thats where the concentration comes in. you donthave to go 140 mph to get away from a cop, all you have to do is pay attention to your surroundings. like noticing him turning around, at that point i start looking for a way out with out him seeing me. if i can turn down a side street before he completely turns around, and then reverse direction, then no crime comitted, no one is on the news, and i get away.
                              Those are pretty much the rules I use and haven't been caught yet. When I know there's not a prayer to get away safely though I pull over and take it.

Comment

Originally posted by L98TA
                                When I know there's not a prayer to get away safely though I pull over and take it.
                                pretty much

Comment

Working...
                                X