Came close to departing this Earth yesterday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just glad your okay!

I don't post much! Just read! but I'm glad your okay! That man above was watching over you for sure!

I have some pretty close calls here in West Virginia. Our roads are narrow and coal trucks which are semi's are always going over the yellow lines into my lanes.

You can't get the Law enforcement officials to do anything either. We just have to live with it!

Have a goodone Lee!
    Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

Glad it turned out OK. Years ago I had a similar situation happen to me......got deliberatley run into the grassy median at 70 MPH by some young kid

I was able to recover.....just barely.......and got close enough to get the guys license number. I had a friend trace it thru the DMV for me. It turns out it was some young kid driving dad's car. When I talked to "Dad" he was pretty PO'd his kid had done that to me. Hopefully the kid got a lesson from Dad that he won't ever forget
      2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
        Holy Ch!T man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good driving broh!!!!!!! that scared me reading this! awesome story write up too!! glad your ok!

you sould like me. ive only had stitches once in my life, my x wife made me get them cause you could see my knee cap. butterfly bandages and one time needle and thread...thats all ive ever used..... one time. i even had a hole to my shin from hitting the coral bottom surfing at the pipeline in hawaii......
        They make a skin glue now. Easier than stitching a wound one-handed. You should keep some handy...... guys like us need a kit like that within reach 'cause we're too stubborn to have someone else do it.

BTW, coral sucks. Rip you open in the blink of an eye.

Comment

I was really afraid that I was going to read that the WS6 got trashed. Glad to hear you drove your way out of it. All that "practice" in our younger days really does pay off.

I have some of that skin glue handy all the time. I am an accident to happen. Lots of stitches from riding dirtbikes, waterskiing, and just being stupid.

Comment

I was expecting to find somewhere in your post how your car was tottaled, but that wasn't the case. Nice driving, Earnhardt!
            Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

GREAT JOB!!!!
              Black 98 Z/28 (Taz),Lid,FRA mod, STB,SLP LoudMouth catback .

Comment

Thanks guys......

This was really more of a message to make folks aware that things can happen when you least expect it..... even when you are driving carefully.

It does make you appreciate life when you make it though an episode like this.

Comment

Dude, I just read this. HOLY CRAP MAN!!!!!!! And my step-mother wonders why I have loud pipes on the car. I've had something similar happen to me a number of times...never run off the road, but come real close to having someone plow into me just because they either weren't looking or shouldn't be driving. Heck, that's how I got into my first accident...in the GN . Glad you're ok man. I was thinking the same thing Kevin was, the TA was shot. Glad I was wrong. Now go get some stitches lol
                  Steve
                  79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                  87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                  93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                  http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                    Now go get some stitches lol
                    Nah..... it's healing with my own first aid job. I do need to get a new set of tires on the Honda though. I flat spotted them and I can feel it driving down the road. Pretty annoying. That's probably the greatest benefit to anti-lock brakes.................. The tires don't stay locked long enough to really flat spot them. Maybe add some 20" spinning rims, fart can exhaust, huge rear wing, underbody neon and I can sell it to some young kid with aspirations of import glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                      Nah..... it's healing with my own first aid job. I do need to get a new set of tires on the Honda though. I flat spotted them and I can feel it driving down the road. Pretty annoying. That's probably the greatest benefit to anti-lock brakes.................. The tires don't stay locked long enough to really flat spot them. Maybe add some 20" spinning rims, fart can exhaust, huge rear wing, underbody neon and I can sell it to some young kid with aspirations of import glory.
                      That's what this world needs, another rice rocket in the hands of some ignorant moron who thinks his 4 beats our 8s lol. Glad to hear the wound is healing nicely. Can't say I've had the problem of flatspotting on the GN or the Jeep. Then again, its pretty hard to lock up the wheels on the Jeep and the GN stops fine without needing to lock them up...when the SlugMonster wants to work properly lol
                      Steve
                      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
                      X