Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Test drove the 05 GT0, impressions within....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob
    Either way, upgrading all the driveline parts(although extremely pricey) will make it last.
    You aren't kidding. I've been a little surprised at some of the prices for chassis, suspension, and drivetrain parts for available the new GTO. Vette-like in many ways.

I'm really surprised (actually not) that GM didn't install a better clutch since they knew the goat was going to be considerably fatter than it's step cousin Z06. I guess business will be good for SPEC and McCleod.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      The test car I drove had a little bit of a clutch stink when I got done. I was wondering how well it would hold up to some abuse.
      You're not kidding. Mine lasted one track day of a couple runs before a nice smoke show on launch. That was first time out on Nittos. The car is just way too heavy for that clutch.
      Originally posted by fastTA
      I'm really surprised (actually not) that GM didn't install a better clutch since they knew the goat was going to be considerably fatter than it's step cousin Z06. I guess business will be good for SPEC and McCleod.
      I'm probably going to give the Textralia clutch a try when I buy one. It has gotten rave reviews over in Australia and now its offered here. So far the couple of people that have tried it, love it. Plus it held up fine in a 10 second Monaro and 22K miles on it. Still had plenty of meat left and no abnormal wear.
      Rob
      04 GTO

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
        Mine lasted one track day of a couple runs before a nice smoke show on launch. That was first time out on Nittos. The car is just way too heavy for that clutch.
        That's what I kinda thought. It seemed to grip fairly good, but I could tell that with aggressive use, it was not going to be able to cope with the torque. For someone who never runs it hard, it's probably just barely adequate.

Comment

Working...
        X