Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve93Z
    And, what's wrong with Load and ReLoad? How can you not like Fuel?? lol
    I like post "Kill 'Em All" but pre "load" era Metallica. After that they just kind of trailed off into some main stream stuff. They started to sound to happy and cheery. I heard that song King Nothing and just kind of sat there in awe for a while. I couldn't believe that this was the same band that had made Leper Messiah a few years back. Of course thiis happens every time i start to like a band- In Flames, Cradle of Filth, Dissection, Emperor (who just called it quits all together) and i can't even remember who else.

If i did sell the car, i'll openly admit right now that there's nothing on the face of the earth that would prevent me from buying another f-body some time down the road. I'm just not a big fan of red LT1's. I like DJ Taso's Trans Am, i like Steve's Z but mine is....red. I'm not a big fan of attention so having a loud, bright red sports car doesn't do much for me. If i could get rid of this, the only way i'd come back is for either a black Formula or a black Z as far as LT1's go or a black LS1 Trans Am or Camaro. I've been trying to talk my dad into getting an LS1 but he refuses to listen. He has Viperitis. The only sports car he'll buy is another Viper which he can't possibly afford right now. He's a messenger/ courrier (i guess that's what he'd be considered?) so he does a lot of driving. I think he's pushing 250-300 miles a day. His 2001 Dodge Ram cargo van has somewhere in the area of 250,000 miles and he bought it brand new. He just had the motor rebuilt on that but now he's looking for something a little more economically sound like a Nissan Altima.

I've been drooling over third gens as of late and so has my girlfriend. We both prefer the look of my Formula as opposed to the look of the Trans Am. I wanted to do an LT1/ T56 swap, switch to a 96-97 WS6 style hood and paint the whole car either a dark grey or black. I'd probably still have money left over to fix up the interior which isn't really all that bad to begin with. The car has an odd smell on the inside that no possible amount of Febreeze has been able to remove. I want to stain the carpet black, switch to different gauges and if they'd fit, throw some seats in there from a newer Dodge Neon.
    I've been caking my interior in armor all for the last two days. I washed the car, polished it, cleaned the interior and sprayed down the tires with Black Magic to give them a nice shine. Everyone loves it. I guess i'll just grit my teeth and deal with it. That's what you get for impulse buying.
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

I thought one of the reasons you were getting rid of your firebird was because it is "slow" most of the cars you want involve an Lt1

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
      2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
        I know I quench my thirst with gasoline
        "So gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire...HUH!!!"

Originally posted by Nightrage
        I like post "Kill 'Em All" but pre "load" era Metallica. After that they just kind of trailed off into some main stream stuff. They started to sound to happy and cheery. I heard that song King Nothing and just kind of sat there in awe for a while. I couldn't believe that this was the same band that had made Leper Messiah a few years back. Of course thiis happens every time i start to like a band- In Flames, Cradle of Filth, Dissection, Emperor (who just called it quits all together) and i can't even remember who else.

If i did sell the car, i'll openly admit right now that there's nothing on the face of the earth that would prevent me from buying another f-body some time down the road. I'm just not a big fan of red LT1's. I like DJ Taso's Trans Am, i like Steve's Z but mine is....red. I'm not a big fan of attention so having a loud, bright red sports car doesn't do much for me. If i could get rid of this, the only way i'd come back is for either a black Formula or a black Z as far as LT1's go or a black LS1 Trans Am or Camaro. I've been trying to talk my dad into getting an LS1 but he refuses to listen. He has Viperitis. The only sports car he'll buy is another Viper which he can't possibly afford right now. He's a messenger/ courrier (i guess that's what he'd be considered?) so he does a lot of driving. I think he's pushing 250-300 miles a day. His 2001 Dodge Ram cargo van has somewhere in the area of 250,000 miles and he bought it brand new. He just had the motor rebuilt on that but now he's looking for something a little more economically sound like a Nissan Altima.

I've been drooling over third gens as of late and so has my girlfriend. We both prefer the look of my Formula as opposed to the look of the Trans Am. I wanted to do an LT1/ T56 swap, switch to a 96-97 WS6 style hood and paint the whole car either a dark grey or black. I'd probably still have money left over to fix up the interior which isn't really all that bad to begin with. The car has an odd smell on the inside that no possible amount of Febreeze has been able to remove. I want to stain the carpet black, switch to different gauges and if they'd fit, throw some seats in there from a newer Dodge Neon.
        I've been caking my interior in armor all for the last two days. I washed the car, polished it, cleaned the interior and sprayed down the tires with Black Magic to give them a nice shine. Everyone loves it. I guess i'll just grit my teeth and deal with it. That's what you get for impulse buying.
        It sounds like you're more disappointed with the color than the car. Granted, painting it black would be kinda costly when done properly, but you could add black accents to it. Things such as the ground effects, side moldings, Phoenix and immitation heat extractors on the hood (and the trailing grooves if you're feeling adventurous) and such could be painted black for cheap and give it a real slick look...when done right. I can understand not liking red, it does attract too much attention IMHO. But, that doesn't mean you can't change that.

Mainstream? Metallica? BLASPHEMY!!! lol
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I know everyone has been giving their opinion so i figured i would too. I owned a 88 Fiero GT, I bought her brand new, nice fast back. Pretty car, also pretty expensive to buy parts for. I have also owned a 78 Formula and a 79 Trans AM, oh to have them back again. But the reason I got rid of the 79 TA was because I was young and she drank alot of gas. She needed paint and a bunch of bolt ons and I didnt have the money. Sound farmiliar? F-bodies are for the "select few", not the masses. But once you have been bit by the bug, you will always have one or always want one. I did a long stretch without one, about 15 year, but now I have the 95 Trans Am and she needs some bolt ons and some paint and just alittle TLC. I wont be getting rid of this one, just put what money I can when I can. You will see some of these guys on the forum with really hot cars, ok, very hot...... dont let it get you down, it just takes time and patience and passion , but most of all money to bring it all together. You keep plugging away at it and you will get it where you want it. And in the end you will have grown in more ways then you can imagine. If someone comes and gives you Injuneer's Formula you would have a heart attack and die, (well I would ) But build it yourself and it would be so much sweeter.

Ok, i will get off the soap box. Just the ramblings of a 39 year old with a T-Top and a really nice spring day.....
          95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
            I thought one of the reasons you were getting rid of your firebird was because it is "slow" most of the cars you want involve an Lt1
            Think of the snowball effect. I loved everything about the car at first. After a while, the front end started looking boring, the gas mileage is poor, doing anything aside from changing the oil is a chore, now i wish i had gotten a car with t-tops, it's loud, getting on it is risky even if there are no other cars on the road because there are tons of cops everywhere, i'm pretty sure that the nearest track is in New Jersey which is about 3-4 hours away from me (maybe further) and the power is less than impressive. Yesterday i was sitting at the light that leads out from my college and a WRX Impreza STI pulls up next to me. All i could think is "Please don't rev at me. If you want to save me a whole lot of embarassment, please don't try to race me". Now i'm aware that those things crank but i don't want to have to be intimidated by an import! Like Wolfman said, "you gotta pay to play". I'm going to need new tires and a new clutch eventually. That's about $1,300 or so. After that, i'm broke again. I also feel pretty useless since i can't do much of anything to the car by myself. I guess it would be the same with any car but i'd at least like to enjoy looking at my car. If i spend $700 on a new hood, that's $700 i could have put towards head work and vice versa.

Using a similar arguement to the one that we use against ricers, why spend a ton of money modifying my car to make it like an LS1 when i could just save up and buy an LS1 and have it still work out to be cheaper? I guess i i were to have some mod money, i'd like the car a lot more. If it were in the 12's, i think i would accept the front end. I guess i should just start with some cheap bolt ons. If i like the effect, i guess i could stick through it. Maybe some numerically higher gears would help. Camaro Performers changed the MAF sensor on a stock LT1 and picked up 19 horsepower and 22 ft-lbs. I feel better already I want some mods that i can feel. I don't care if it makes me run 9's. If i can't feel it, i don't want it. Thanks a lot guys! I don't know how but over the course of writing this, i started feeling optimistic about my beast
            Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
            SOLD- Kinda miss it
            SOLD- Good riddance!
            2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Thats the spirit, btw what maf did they use to pickup that extra power?

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
              2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
                Thats the spirit, btw what maf did they use to pickup that extra power?
                Granatelli. If anyone is interested, it's pages 76-77 of the february 2005 issue of Camaro Performers.
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                  Granatelli. If anyone is interested, it's pages 76-77 of the february 2005 issue of Camaro Performers.
                  Just so you know, some here don't like the Granatelli simply because it sends false readings to the PCM. I don't have any first-hand experience...because the 93 has no MAF . Just something to think about.
                  Steve
                  79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                  87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                  93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                  http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

The Beast, now you talking....... You see guys I think he is getting it.....
                    95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

It's a mighty beast. Right now it's just hibernating.

To go off topic- I think i need some driving gloves. My hand constantly slips off the shifter
                      SOLD- Kinda miss it
                      SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

Working...
                      X