95 LT-1 running hot & "Low coolant" Lamp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 95RagtopTransAm
    Would a bad low coolant sensor cause the computer to control the cooling system differently?
    Thank you.
    Not that I'm aware of. My understanding is the sensor is just connected to the idiot light on the dash and not to ECM at all.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

This forum has helped me out quite a bit in just the couple of days that I have been here. I have a 96 LT1 and I'm having the same cooling problems. I was getting ready to go out and get a new water pump in about a half hour actually. Just wanted to say thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
        Jeff, if you would be willing to post pics, I would be interested in seeing how your scanner is hooked up. Also what kind do you have and how much if you don't mind me asking? I really want one now after this past saturday at my buddy's work....that was just the coolest thing I've ever seen
        I have the AutoXray EZlink pro kit. http://www.autoxray.com/products.aspx?sub=scanners&id=1

It came with cable for everything and the software to download updates.
        Ask and ye shall receive

2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
          I have the AutoXray EZlink pro kit. http://www.autoxray.com/products.aspx?sub=scanners&id=1

It came with cable for everything and the software to download updates.
          Ask and ye shall receive

That's awesome...I appreciate it. Looks pretty good too and for a good price as well. The more I learn, the more I become fascinated with technology

Thanks for the link and the pics....once again I appreciate it
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

BTW you can by the scanner and the cable for less than $200. I just go the kit because we have a GM, Chrysler, and VW.

Comment

Hmmm Jeff... About time to buy a short stick for that shifter
              1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Originally posted by ws6drbob
                Hmmm Jeff... About time to buy a short stick for that shifter
                I had one in my Mustang. My wrists can't handle them. I sprained my wrist as a kid and it's never been the same. I was doing free weights one time when my wrist gave out and I just dropped the weight. It was one of those cheap DP sets. The plastic center piece accordioned. That's the last time I did free weights. Only machines for me.

Comment

Working...
                X