Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will 315/35/17's fit on my stock ws6 wheels?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay

Here is the entire setup.

I sent an email questioning why these won't fit a convertible.

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

I will take some pics tonight. I have been until I get my hood done. I will post them or send them to you as soon as I have them.
      '77 K5 rock-crawler project
      '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
      '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
      '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The offsets are the other way around....

Front: 17x9.5 w/ 56mm offset

Rear: 17x11 w/50mm offset (Corvette Grand Sport wheel)

Whether they fit varies an amazing amount from car to car. Every time I post my pictures of cutting off the corner of the jounce bumper, and pounding the inner fenders, someone will tell me I'm wrong and they bolted the same wheels on the same car, with no alterations of any kind. My point is... IT DEPENDS. Some will have work to do, others will not, and there is no "logic" in which cars require what kind of work.

YES, I know the gaps over the rear wheels are way too big, but the chassis is set up for 28" slicks!
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Hey Fred, not too long ago you were going to part with the ZR1s due to using the big and littles most of the time. What ever happened to those?

Comment

I am getting ready to sell the ZR1's. I was looking at them the other day, and there are 2 small nicks on each of the rear wheels that need to be touched up. I think they might have been hit by an intake manifold that got "loose"..... .

As soon as I touch up the nicks and the clear coat, I will be selling them. My preference is to deal localy, and avoid the shipping hassle.... I have sold a few sets of wheels and tires and it is a PITA to cut cardboard circles, and tape up the wheels for shipping.

I have quite a few parts to get rid of, including:

13" Baer Track Kit, new/unused - hand polished calipers
            Slightly hacked Mufflex 4" catback (IM pipe cut over the axle)
            Just Suspension box-section LCA's - used
            Original LT1 heads from my car
            Mark Williams 3" chrome moly DS for TH400
            EGR valve - new
            AIR check valves (2) - new
            Eibach Pro-Kit springs - used
            (2) CarSound 3" cats - used

Probably more, but its late and I can't remember it all.... .
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
            X