Broke Somthin.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke Somthin.....

ok when i was installing my 02 sensors i bent my oil pressure sender unit thingy and it broke off... im not sure what to do now.. its not leaking or anything it broke off flush with the part above the filter it is old and brittle so thats why im guessing it broke off..... so im not sure on what to do now.. is it fixable.. any Clue?!? any help PLeasE

gotta take it out and put a new one in. wish i could be more helpful besdies that
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 94T/A GT
      ok when i was installing my 02 sensors i bent my oil pressure sender unit thingy and it broke off... im not sure what to do now.. its not leaking or anything it broke off flush with the part above the filter it is old and brittle so thats why im guessing it broke off..... so im not sure on what to do now.. is it fixable.. any Clue?!? any help PLeasE
      How did you break that changing your 02's? It needs to be replaced. You need to unscrew it from the 2 banjo type fittings (I think it is a 22mm if my memory serves me right) and then screw on the new one.

Comment

I'm with Kevin...how did you break your oil pressure sending unit? Can you post a pic of what you've broken? Maybe its something else. The oil pressure sending unit is located on the back of the manifold it would be hard to break changing 02's.
        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

The sensor is 1 1/16". You can get a special deep well socket for it. A regular deep well socket is not deep enough. You might not need it if it's on the side of the motor. I don't know. (Note the note in the picture) Thanks for the picture Rob.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

He has a 94, and he mentions it being located near the filter. Possibly he has one of the "early" 94's that had the sending unit on the side of the block, above the filter like the 93's (reference the notes on Shoebox's picture).

If he can't get the old piec out, he might be able to relocate it to the top of the block.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

yea injuneer its right above the filter.. i know its it because my oil pressure gauge reads 80 and if i have the car on and push the little button inside it drops accordingly to the pressure i put on it.... like i said i broke it off with the threads in it.. i know it plastic so worse comes to worse ill just crack the old one and pull it out piece by piece...

Comment

Working...
              X