We Have a Winner !!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Have a Winner !!!!!

Thank God, I'm going to test drive a car tomorrow that I'm probably gonna buy A 96 Black Formula with 80k for $6500 which I think is a decent price. I've already looked at her once but not really close because the seller thought he already had a buyer, but the buyer backed out when he found out how much insurance was gonna cost him lol So tomorrow I'm gonna go give her a good look and take her for a spin and hopefuly all will be well and I'll have my V8 Wish me luck guys and any quick advice of course is always welcome.
    Beau

97 Red Firebird 3.8L stock (for sale) & Now a 97 Firehawk

Originally posted by 97redV6Bird
    Thank God, I'm going to test drive a car tomorrow that I'm probably gonna buy A 96 Black Formula with 80k for $6500 which I think is a decent price. I've already looked at her once but not really close because the seller thought he already had a buyer, but the buyer backed out when he found out how much insurance was gonna cost him lol So tomorrow I'm gonna go give her a good look and take her for a spin and hopefuly all will be well and I'll have my V8 Wish me luck guys and any quick advice of course is always welcome.
    Astro says "rots r ruck".
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

make sure the clutch is good, hold the brake, and relase it fully, should stall. check the water pump, opti, make sure body lines are correct. look at the tires, try to check the brakes. listen for some out the ordinary.
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Alright here I'm going to revel my ignorance , what the heck is the opti ? And it's a auto not a stick
        Beau

Comment

my bad i misread ur post. opti is the igniton, pretty much known for failing on Lt1s if it ever got wet or just from age. usaully if they did the water pump, they did the opti. but just ask in case
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Cool I get it
            Beau

Comment

cool good luck you will love it. Watch out it has a whole lot more than that V6

Comment

Wait for a six speed!
                99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
                  Wait for a six speed!
                  Just out of curiousity how hard is it to swap from an auto to a stick ?
                  Beau

Comment

Hard enough to make it not worth it. Just wait for a 6 speed. I've had both and the 6 speed is definately the way to go. Don't get me wrong, the auto is good, but the 6 speed is better. IMO at least.
                    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

id say go with the 6spd 2 man ive driven both and.. wow the 6speed is soo much kooler just my opinion
                      1967 Camaro "Project"
                      1972 Chevelle "454"
                      1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

another vote for the 6 speed. Do it right the first time. When you start running 10's then do a beefed up auto swap. Just my 5.7 cents.
                        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

This is another vote for the 6spd. Also many auto trannies go out in the 100k mile area. $6500 sounds a little steep too. Keep looking around if you want a different color, t-tops, ect hold out and I guarantee if you do your work and keep looking around you can find your perfect car for a good price.
                          1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Fine you guys talked me out of it...... I really do want a six-speed hum........back to the search.
                            Beau

Comment

Originally posted by 97redV6Bird
                              Fine you guys talked me out of it...... I really do want a six-speed hum........back to the search.

bingo! you wont regret it.

My first 4th gen was a then brand new 6-speed Z.

After that one I got a used A4 Z and always regretted not having an M6 any more.

My current car is again an M6 and I can honestly say that I will never own another A4 F-body.
                              Tracy
                              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                              Current Mods:
                              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
                              X