No announcement yet.

We Have a Winner !!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote six speed too....I love my five speed, and you don't know how often I wish I had the LS-1 and a 6-speed hurst under my hand. MMMMMMMMM...huuurrst.......*droool* There is just something really cool about the idea of having six gears to row through. Ahhh...some day, some day. Good luck with the search, brother. I hope you find just what you want..don't settle!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm................. but a Firehawk with an auto trumps a 6-speed Trans Am hmmmmmmmmmm........
      Beau

97 Red Firebird 3.8L stock (for sale) & Now a 97 Firehawk

Comment

Originally posted by 97redV6Bird
        Hmmmmmmmmm................. but a Firehawk with an auto trumps a 6-speed Trans Am hmmmmmmmmmm........

I disagree.
        99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Well.... here I go again. Since I own both, I have to say I prefer the auto for drag racing, cruising and daily driving chores. The stick is for when I feel like playing with a shifter and clutch or gas mileage on extended highway driving. Besdes that, my bolt on automatic T/A beats the crud out of my Z28 6 speed in a drag race.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            Well.... here I go again. Since I own both, I have to say I prefer the auto for drag racing, cruising and daily driving chores. The stick is for when I feel like playing with a shifter and clutch or gas mileage on extended highway driving. Besdes that, my bolt on automatic T/A beats the crud out of my Z28 6 speed in a drag race.
            We'll have to agree to disagree. I think the M6 is way more fun to drive. My car is a recreational car only. When I drive it I want the driving experience to be as intimate as possible. Having an M6 adds another dimention to the experience.

You are right though in that the A4 is better for drag racing because it is more consistant, but at the same time most of us rarely drag race. My car has never seen a track. That is not to say it never will, but I am not going to allow that rare instance to dictate my choice in transmissions.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Well stated Tracy.

I definitely think you're making the right choice by going with a stick. I waited for months in order to find a low milage 2002 WS6 with a six speed. I had my choice of autos, and almost bought one. Had a deposit on it actually, but made the right choice and waited it out.

To me, there is nothing like banging through the gears on an open road. Like Tracy, my car is recreational only. Daily driving doesn't play into my decision.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
              X