M6 or built 4l60e

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M6 or built 4l60e

my trans is begining to go, either way it will be over a grand. should i go with a built 4l60e with a higher stall, covette servo, kevlar bands and cluches, hardened sunshell,shiftkit, trans cooler and a ton of other parts,a trans built to handle 650 hp. it is built by mad-dog transmissions based out of florida. it would run 1300 shipped to my door for the heavy duty model. or should i do the M6 conversion? i know i would need pedals, trans, interior and to have my computer flashed, the computer is nothing i will jsut go through pcmforless its only like 50 bucks to have it reprogrammed. it would make the car funner yet with the 4l60e i can hold each gear to any rpm or speed with the shift kit and it would be a tit faster am i correct?

any suggestions let me know.thanks guys
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

I have no regrets after my M6 conversion. It will feel like a whole new car to you if you do it.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I have had an A4 and 2 M6s - M6 all the way - you will not regret it. Unless you are going to drag race it - then I would go for the A4 - I got my butt handed to me at the track by autos with similar mods and a high stall convertor. A guy in my club is running 10.95 with a 98 Formula A4 on a stock rear end - try that with an M6.
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Unless its gonna be a strip queen (not that like you pervs lol), go with the M6. The only drawback is heavy traffic...your foot gets a real workout lol. As Casey pointed out, drag racing an M6 is tricky, esp. on the launch. Good luck on your choice.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
        X