No announcement yet.

Under 2k (surprising results)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My record stands at 29 MPG with my 2.73 geared LT1. I'm curious to see what I'd get with a M6 LS1 though.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
      Tracy -

You drove the Z from Madison, WI all the way down to Key West? That must have been sweet!

Been to the Keys several times. I would love to take the Bird down there sometime, just cruising US-1 from Key Largo to Key West.

29 mpg is pretty darn good for any V8....
      Yup

It was a sweet drive! It was for our 5 year wedding ann. We camped on the beach in key west for 4 nights then took a 7 day cruise to Jamacia, Mexico and Cayman. I took out the back seats so we had lots of room ofr camping gear and suitcases and could still put the top down!
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
        Yup

It was a sweet drive! It was for our 5 year wedding ann. We camped on the beach in key west for 4 nights then took a 7 day cruise to Jamacia, Mexico and Cayman. I took out the back seats so we had lots of room ofr camping gear and suitcases and could still put the top down!
        That's awesome. Nothing like an open top in the Keys. We rented a Sebring convertible last time we were down there. It was nothing special, but it was a drop top theless.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

During the hurricane evac last weekend, I got 26 MPG with the windows down from Mobile to Baton Rouge. Mileage would have gone up with less fuel weight, but I kept the car above half tank at all times.
          "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
          X