Window prob - not the motor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window prob - not the motor

Anyone ever broke one of the "guides" at the top of the window? The window was really loose all of a sudden and the window was having difficulty going up and down. I took off the door pannel and found that one of the guides at the top of the door is broken. I assume this is a part I can only get through a GM parts dept?
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Yes. I had a broken guide when I first got the car. It seems to be a manufacturing defect - the way they cut the metal. Slam the door a few times and it breaks. I went to the dealer and got a new part for a $8 or so. The door panel is no sweat to take off and replace the part.

Repair it as soon as possible because you risk scratching the heck out of the window.
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

If you are talking about the part that has the felt stuff on it, then its a fairly inexpensive part that can be bought at the dealer-

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Yep that's the part - the part with the felt on it. I tried to get it at a couple of local part stores because I really did not want to have my car down for the nice holiday weekend....oh well.
        Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

I have broke two of those. The second time it was broke I found that my window track had broke and was causing my window to "lean" into those two little felt pads and snapped one of em. They are cheap and easy to replace though so its no biggie
          1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Working...
          X