Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought my first car!

1997 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

I'm estatic right now, words cant describe how I feel... The car is beautiful! Not to mention my 21st birthday is in 10 days.

PS,

Is there any meets/clubs situated in the Toronto area?

This is a picture of my baby... right off of autotrader.
    Attached Files

Comment

I still feel the same way and its been about eight years.. congrats
      97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
      In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

I love black! Thats a beautiful car man, congrats! I remeber when i first got mine. I wish you the best of luck with it. Just wait until you feel the need to mod haha. Congrats
        1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Thanks for the reply's!

Yea, the mods... I'm already thinking that, unfortunatly my pockets will be running on empty near the end of this purchase

However, it already has a magnaflow exhaust, and a stereo system. So, some of the minor stuff is out of the way. I'm thinking headers, superchargers, but thats all for the future.

Comment

Congrats and welcome. You have now moved into the dark side (I don't know what that means, but for those of us with black cars it sounds appropriate) Have fun and be safe.

285 HP of muscle.

P.S. I luv the color....and am envious of the WS6 a little bit.
            2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
            buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
            Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Beautiful man. Gotta love them black t/a's

Enjoy it, they're a blast to own. Wait 'til the mod bug really hits you...it can be the best and worst thing ever....but always best in the end
              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the F-body brotherhood. As a fellow owner of a black WS6, I don't have to tell you how sweet a ride that is. Have fun with her!

P.S. Don't street race the ricers. It ain't worth it. In fact... don't street race anyone. Your car is worth more than that. /End Father_lecture
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                  Congrats and welcome to the F-body brotherhood. As a fellow owner of a black WS6, I don't have to tell you how sweet a ride that is. Have fun with her!

P.S. Don't street race the ricers. It ain't worth it. In fact... don't street race anyone. Your car is worth more than that. /End Father_lecture
                  You dont have to tell me that... I dont want to lose the ride I've longed for, just to show a 4 banger what an 8 cylinder really does

Anyways, I'm going to put the deposit on the car in a matter of minutes... I hope to have her home by the end of the weekend.

Comment

wow...congrats dude! 97 WS6's are some of the cleanest lines ever! Treat her well and like everyone said, don't street race. You'll just find yourself in trouble and it's not worth it.

Now go take more pics!

So what's the black f-body count now on the forum? Jay sold his so his don't count...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

congrats...

black eh?

take it from one that Loves black cars: http://www.zainobros.com

get started now.............

http://www.renokeo.com/gtozaino.html

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Jesus ... I used to detail cars when I was a few years younger, but I couldnt bring out a shine like that!!

Comment

6 speed or auto? Lookin nice.

Word of advice. When you get it, go to a BIIIGGG open parking lot one night, and test it's limits as far as traction goes, and what happens when you break the rear tires loose. Ya know, get on it a bit. Idea is to find out how the car handles, and how to correct it when there's nothing around to hit. You don't want to be on a one lane road lined with cars when you lose traction for the first time.

Do it when it's dry, and in the rain. Two different animals.

Good luck!
                          99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

It's a 6 speed...

And good advice btw, I've never owned rear-wheel

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
                              Do it when it's dry, and in the rain. Two different animals.
                              Ditto that...we have good grip on dry pavement...especially with the 17 inchers and a good set of tires...but when it gets wet, our cars can be a handful to control.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                              X