exhaust rattle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazycooter
    Did it just happen while the car was in gear? Mine is doing the same thing! Just installed new SS Dual, and whenever the car is in drive or Reverse and braked it rattles bad! When I give it the gas no rattle, the nose is definatly coming from around the Cat not sure if its inner or outer. Let me know ! Thanks

So, you think you might have part of a broken off spark plug in your cat too? I'd say the chances of that are pretty slim to .
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

after i did a tuneup and headers, i noticed ticking coming from the tailpipes. It sounded like exhaust rattle. Tick tick tick tick, steady, like from vibration. Couldn't find it, went under the car numerous times. Looked at my plugs, noticed one was shaking. It was a little loose causing a misfire. Tightened it up, no more problem.

Now I Had something under the car yesterday rattling. WTF is it? I climbed under there, everything was tight. at first I thought it was the TA, it wasn't. The plate under the exhaust, where the cat is under the car. It was bouncing up and down off that making it rattle. Pulled that plate, problem solved. I will have to make a bracket to hold the exhaust up in that area before I can put it on. I haven't read any of the posts here, so if this was already ruled out, sorry
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
      X